Picked up a katana what should I save?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up a katana what should I save?

I picked up almost complete 92 Katana the other day and wondering what's worth saving for the gs? Almost everything is there and some not in bad shape, just was in a wreck. Motor, trans, wheels, suspension and brakes are all there.

Here's a pic of what I got to work with.

Comment

Front end complete -supposed to bolt right on

Rear wheel complete - close to bolt on

Swingarm, shock,etc if you want to go mono

Motor and etc if you're really ambitious
      1978 GS 1000 (since new)
      1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
      1978 GS 1000 (parts)
      1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
      1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
      1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
      2007 DRz 400S
      1999 ATK 490ES
      1994 DR 350SES

Comment

I could use the choke lever on the left handlebar and the cable. And the thottle cable too.
        Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Yah, I planned on swapping the front fork and brakes for my gs. The rear wheel, I'm not sure how I'm going to get to work. I think I'll have to get another swingarm unless I try and go mono shock with this swing arm. I still kinda new with motorcycles, but I learn pretty quick.

Comment

fix it and have 2 bikes

Comment

I bought it as a parts bike, so no title. I am just going to part it out and use what I need. Even if it had a title not worth the trouble fixing it up.

Comment

On the sundail moto sports forum (two stroke suzukis') the is a thread titled mono shock L in the customs section, it is a gt750 suzuki that has a katana front end and a katana swingarm and wheel on it. I would think if it was possible to do it on that it should be to install it on your 750. If you had an '83 I'd be able to tell you exactly how, I have a 600 kat front fork on mine, and it had the rear wheel on it too, it has a one inch wider one from an '89 1100 gsxr on it now. But if i can, i'll try to be of help if you need it.

Comment

I looked up the part numbers for the steering head bearings for your bike and for a '77 gt750 and they are the same so, it looks like it should work for yours.
                  i wonder if anybody knows if the I.D. (and it's length) of the steering head tube on the frame of your '78 is the same as a 600 katana, if it is you should be able to just swap the bearing races.

Comment

Working...
                  X