Spedometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spedometer

The Suzuki GS I bought initially had the wires coming out of the spedometer ripped out and I finally got around to trying to re attach them so I took the spedometer apart. Oddly enough it seems that there was never a light in it in the first place nor any signs of mounting hardware for a light. Does anyone know who makes this spedometer or where I can get one that looks like it to match my tachometer? Were these originally non lit with some kind of aftermarket light added later? (don't worry the title already says odometer discrepancy)

Thanks,
    Shawn

Never seen one like that What bike do you have

Comment

Hi,

That doesn't look like a stock Suzuki GS gauge. It's probably an aftermarket part.

I know, I know. Another one of my profound glimpses into the obvious.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

You are correct that it is an aftermarket part, I cut off the face leaving 3 tabs to re attach it (got the trick off of some forum after doing a google search) but I am not really particularly satisfied with how it looks. I could put a new led in it and just buff it up and hope for the best but I would kinda like to find a spedo/tach that has the same sort of style to replace it with (and more importantly the little port in the back that I can connect to the spedo/tach cable).
        Thanks,
        Shawn

Comment

This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.

Comment

I was kinda hoping to stick with the cafe racer style of the bike and find a minimalist type speedometer for it.
            Last edited by Guest; 02-28-2010, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X