Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have a quote from a mechanic and need to know if it is a good price...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
    When I needed rings for the valve seats I picked up the size used for pump up garden sprayers. They go on a little tight but are just the right size once stretched over the seat. A little lube and they slide right into their bore.

problem is billy you need the o rings that are made for use with fuel, or they will deteriorate a lot faster,i got mine from oreilly auto,i only needed 1 , there is a place that sells them cheap still carb store or somewhere
    google search will help find them

Comment

Originally posted by cyclefvr2 View Post
      problem is billy you need the o rings that are made for use with fuel, or they will deteriorate a lot faster,i got mine from oreilly auto,i only needed 1 , there is a place that sells them cheap still carb store or somewhere
      google search will help find them
      They've held up fine, had them out since. I guess the manufacturer expects the rings to be exposed to all types of chemicals.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
        They've held up fine, had them out since. I guess the manufacturer expects the rings to be exposed to all types of chemicals.
        EXACTLY! Many chemicals are petrol based and are a geat deal more corrosive than engine oil. ALL seals that come into contact with chemicals are viton and have been, forever. It has been only since the mid 80's that the auto makers made the switch...

Comment

Working...
        X