1327 rocker arm replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1327 rocker arm replacement

I took this motor apart 18 months ago and now have all the parts(thanks Ray) to rebuild. I need a schematic of how the rocker shaft and assorted spacers and springs are installed with the rocker arms. Once they are done, we will tacle the new cam chain and rear guide. Thanks in advance...
    C.
    sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Oh, come on. It's only been 18 months and you can't remember how you took them apart.

Don't feel bad, I probably couldn't remember 18 minutes later.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I had a fuzzy idea, but then I remembered a bunch of springs bouncing around the garage floor... I hope they are in the box-o-parts!

Comment

Should go together in the same order as my 700. If so I can check my manual to see if they have a decent photo of the assembly. Have you checked Bikebandit for a schematic?

Comment

Curt, just stick the shaft & rockers in WITHOUT the springs in to see where the springs need to be. Ray.

Comment

Thanks guys, i did find the schematic on Alpha Sports. And Ray, lets hope the springs are on the shafts...I am pretty sure I put them back on the shafts and back under the cover... Spring is getting close...

Comment

Curt, if you lost the springs or need some, let me know. I have a bag full of them. The GSXR rocker arm engines use the same springs. Ray.

Comment

Thanks Ray... I am going to tear into it on Sunday... It might get up to 45 degrees... T shirt and shorts time... maybe waterski???

Comment

O.K.... rockers installed... Is it possible to change the rear cam chain tension guide without removing the head?I am talking about the actual piece that rides on the chain and is pressured by the external manual APE style bolt . I have stared into the galley for an hour and can't see how its possible... please advise o wise ones...I did get the top end oiler installed while pondering the chain guide... Thanks in advance.
                  Curt

Comment

Originally posted by bellucci View Post
                    O.K.... rockers installed... Is it possible to change the rear cam chain tension guide without removing the head?I am talking about the actual piece that rides on the chain and is pressured by the external manual APE style bolt . I have stared into the galley for an hour and can't see how its possible... please advise o wise ones...I did get the top end oiler installed while pondering the chain guide... Thanks in advance.
                    Curt
                    the rear???????
                    nope...
                    you have to pull the head and cylinder

Comment

Thats no gouda... I bought the Van Sant style indestructible replacement. I am not sure that the old one is bad. I could not see any wear on it... So, I am going to leave it alone and get it back together. Thanks for the response...
                      Curt

Comment

Working...
                      X