Question 83 1100E exhaust...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question 83 1100E exhaust...

Does anyone know if an 83 1100E stock exhaust will fit an 83 Katana 1100? Exhaust pipe part numbers for 1 & 4 cylinders, (muffler sections) are different, but 2 & 3 pipes are same part numbers.
    Could it be just the muffler baffling design is different or are the mounting holes/flanges different?
    Only asking because there are a set of pipes for sale off an 83E and looking for a mint set for this Kat.

IMO
    nothing to do with the baffling.
    it just won't follow the frame in the rear and mount up properly.

Comment

I believe it is the mounting point.(Where the actual muffler attaches to the frame.)

Comment

Sorry, Hitman i do not know about the exhausts but having seen pics of your hot rods it is hard to believe you are using anything STOCK.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I think I've read in the past that there is a small difference in the length of the mufflers.

Comment

I have a stock 83 Kat system I want to sell. The difference in the E & Kat pipes are the rear mounting bracket location. Ray.

Comment

Thanks for the answers, I figured it was to good to work out for me, someone had this exhaust in his attic since bike was new. Good price also.
              LOL Steve, I know, I don't deal with stock often... pretty much why I gotta speak with the experts
              Ray, what condition is your exhaust? Has to be like new really. For a restoration.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Giablo View Post
                I believe it is the mounting point.(Where the actual muffler attaches to the frame.)
                Out of left field, but are the wheels you have on your 1135 Yosh Kat available anywhere? Whenever I get around (read: have the money) to doing a suspension conversion, I was going to change my wheels. Either a set of custom spokes (fat tire spokes look the bee's knees to me), or something similar to what you have. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Turtleface View Post
                  Out of left field, but are the wheels you have on your 1135 Yosh Kat available anywhere? Whenever I get around (read: have the money) to doing a suspension conversion, I was going to change my wheels. Either a set of custom spokes (fat tire spokes look the bee's knees to me), or something similar to what you have. Thanks!
                  Pretty much the same wheels I have on my bike, just a wider rear wheel. Second generation GSXR will get you that look. His are polished out nicer than mine though. Next time I change tires I'll polish mine out again.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
                    Pretty much the same wheels I have on my bike, just a wider rear wheel. Second generation GSXR will get you that look. His are polished out nicer than mine though. Next time I change tires I'll polish mine out again.
                    Actually, not those wheels. I was thinking about these wheels:

Comment

My bad, thought you were talking about the orange 1135. Not sure what make those are.

Comment

Working...
                      X