another sea foam question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another sea foam question

I realize I could just put sea foam in my gas tank, but I want it to do a little better job of cleansing. Where should I put it? I have the gas tank off now. Can I put it directly in the fuel line?

If you are trying to clean your carbs, your better off removing them and properly cleaning them.

Comment

Originally posted by almarconi View Post
      If you are trying to clean your carbs, your better off removing them and properly cleaning them.
      alright, I still plan on sea foaming though. Any input?

Comment

also, my throttle is a little more tough to rotate since I put on new bars. Is this a gunk in the carbs problem or something in the throttle grip housing?

Comment

Depends did you change the height of your bars?

Check the routing of your throttle cable, probably binding somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by almarconi View Post
            Depends did you change the height of your bars?

Check the routing of your throttle cable, probably binding somewhere.
            yes but not by much, I will check that out

Comment

It doesn't take much, there is not that much slack in a throttle cable.

You want to make sure that the throttle snaps fully closed from WOT.

Comment

What I would do is fill the fuel line with gasoline, run the engine, and when that is almost gone refill the line with Seafoam. When it starts to quit, play the throttle, keep it running as long as you can, hopefully the Seafoam will get into all of the circuits of the carb. Then let it sit and do it's thing.

But what I really would do is pull the carbs and clean them properly.
                I haven't seen a completely clean set yet, except on a brand new bike, and it had the floats set wrong.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                  What I would do is fill the fuel line with gasoline, run the engine, and when that is almost gone refill the line with Seafoam. When it starts to quit, play the throttle, keep it running as long as you can, hopefully the Seafoam will get into all of the circuits of the carb. Then let it sit and do it's thing.

But what I really would do is pull the carbs and clean them properly.
                  I haven't seen a completely clean set yet, except on a brand new bike, and it had the floats set wrong.
                  Thanks that's what I was planning on doing but just wanted to be sure it would work.

Comment

Originally posted by suzu650 View Post
                    Thanks that's what I was planning on doing but just wanted to be sure it would work.
                    I don't know if it will work, I have always cleaned the carbs by taking them apart.
                    But that's what I would do, if I was intent on doing the Seafoam thing. I have thrown some in the tank, and it has seemed to work a little bit, some of the time. Got one working well enough to ride it home.
                    When the carbs were cleaned correctly it ran perfectly.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
                    X