GS650 gasket compatability?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS650 gasket compatability?

would a gasket set from, say, a GS650G work for a GS650E? what are the major differences between the models? i have an "E" model and need new gaskets before i can get back on the road, and 100$+ for a gasket set is gonna kill me.

thanks!

EDIT - the bike i own is an 82 and the gasket set in question is for an 81-83.

While the engines are similar, the only parts the they both truly share is from the cylinder block, up. The engine cases are different, being that the G's are shafties, and the E is a chain smoker. The transmission itself might interchange, but the cranks are different between each model. Does the gasket set you're considering say it's only for the G models?

Comment

yeah, it does.. here is the link -

if the top end gaskets are the same, i might go ahead and get it.. those are all i really need (head gasket on up) and 51.00 plus 8.00 shipping is WAY cheaper than buying a set from the dealer. im sitting here with my engine torn apart looking at my new head, and all this beautiful weather.. and cant afford 100.00 for a gasket set just yet.

thanks!

casey

Comment

I'd hate to be wrong about what gaskets will fit on your bike. Have you tried asking the seller?
        Another thing you could try is going to bike bandit and looking at some of the schematics and seeing what differences you can see between the E and G models.

Comment

You have to be careful here with the gasket sets and make sure you get the right one, my 81 GS650G has a different valve cover gasket than my brothers 82 GS650G, Suzuki changed the design of the valve cover midstream in 82, this may also apply to your E model

Comment

Working...
          X