Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can I find Carb kits?? gs250

Hey guys,
    I'm brand new to this forum, and I just bought a gs250 for $500. it's a pretty sweet deal, its in great shape, and it's got a windshield and a bunch of extra parts, the owner really took good care of it. The bike sat for the last couple of months and I think it's time for a carb rebuild. Can anyone tell me where I can purchase the carb kits for this twin bike? Also, how much would they cost? Thanks so much!

-Joe

Usually a good cleaning is all they need. If you do that and still feel the need for a kit keep an eye on Ebay.

Comment

Thanks for your help, does anyone have a schematic or a diagram that I could look at? Thanks again
      -Joe

Comment

Go to bikebandit.com. They have schematics for most bikes. I pulled one up for you. This is for an '80 model. if it's not your year just find it on bikebandit. http://www.bikebandit.com/partsbandi...dept_id=145203

Comment

Hi!

Welcome to the forum! I've just recently bought a GS250, too. I'm not sure about my carbs; the front brake is dragging, so I need to get that squared away first. But I've been watching eBay for carb kits, too. I haven't seen any yet. If you've investigated the model history, you know we have rather rare bikes. They were only sold in '80 and '81. I agree with the comment that cleaning may be all that's necessary, but I'd like to stockpile some parts that it's reasonable to assume I may need some day, since parts will become more difficult to find over time. There is an eBay seller who has parts lists similar to those at BikeBandit.com; I've bought the one for the 250; I think he currently has another one listed. I've also seen the Suzuki shop manual for the 250 listed, though I think it's kind of pricey ($37.00). There is a Haynes manual available for the 250, as well. Good luck; let me know how you make out with yours; I'll be glad to share any information I have with you.

Comment

Hi Lynn

Lynn,
            I've never owned a Suzuki before...I've ALWAYS had Hondas, and 2 yamahas. This was just such a good deal I couldn't pass it up. It's in beautiful shape complete with winshield and matching helmet as well as a few other extras. I too have been keeping my eye out for GS250 parts. How much did you pay for your bike? Is it in good shape? I'm actually thinking of having a quick turnaround and selling it for a profit. I paid 500. If you would like, feel free to email me at JoeVR5@aol.com

Comment

If you are looking for a carb kit sent these people an email
              Get the best deals on Stores HUB when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices.

Comment

Carb Rebuilds

Most kits contain far more than you will ever need. In most instances, only 1 O-ring needs replacing; in others just a few or the rubber bits that have dried out. I would get the pilot screw o-ring, and the float needle seat o-ring, and the plugs for the pilot jet, and clean the other parts.

SV

Comment

Lynn,

From my experience the Suzuki manual is MUCH better than a Clymer or Haynes. I have one for my '83 1100E and it has never failed to have the info I need. The Haynes and Clymer manuals usually cover several years and several models so they are less detailed.

Good Luck,
                  Joe
                  IBA# 24077
                  '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
                  '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
                  '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

JoeVR5, I paid $250 for mine, decent shape, side covers missing, battery needs replaced, front brake problem is by far the biggest problem. Starts and runs okay, but until I get the brake squared away, I'm not sure about the carburetion through the speed range.

If you haven't checked the link SqDancerLynn1 gave you for carb kits yet, I can tell you I checked with them a week or two ago; they have the listing for the proper kits, but are sold out of them. I didn't contact them to see if they expected to get any more.

Joe Nardy, understand your manual comments; I have all 3 (Suzuki, Clymer and Haynes) for my 750; found a Suzuki manual for the 250 on eBay at a much more reasonable price than the $37 another seller is asking; I just haven't received it yet. Found the Haynes for the 250 earlier, and have it in my possession; couldn't find a the 250 in a listing for Clymer manuals. Not gonna look anymore; between Suzuki and Haynes, and the GSResources, I should have all the information I'll need!

Comment

Working...
                    X