Exhaust valve guide part number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust valve guide part number

Anyone know the Suzuki part number for exhaust valve guides for the '80 - '81 GS1100E? I know the intake part number and the schamatic I have looks like it's the same number but I know that they are different...

Hap

3-23 of my manual says that the valve guides are different in the production run but replacements are the same. I haven't looked at the fiche but the manual shows the parts being 11115-49290 and 09289-05003.

No wonder your bike smokes, you haven't changed the guides in 250,000 miles.

Anyway, do you know the part # for the upper teflon coated fork sliders? I can find the lower set attached to the inner tubes but not the ones for the outer tubes.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by srivett
      3-23 of my manual says that the valve guides are different in the production run but replacements are the same. I haven't looked at the fiche but the manual shows the parts being 11115-49290 and 09289-05003.
      Who would have thought of looking in the manual!!! (obviously not me ) I found it in mine also but on page 7-12. I don't even have a page 3-23...

FYI..09289-05003 is superceded to 09289-05015

No wonder your bike smokes, you haven't changed the guides in 250,000 miles.
      Okay Mr Wiseass

Anyway, do you know the part # for the upper teflon coated fork sliders? I can find the lower set attached to the inner tubes but not the ones for the outer tubes.
      I'm not sure what part you are talking about. the bottom sliders are called "Slide Metal" on the diagram and are part number 51121-49200 (US$6.44 at Ron Ayers). There is a top seal, part number 51153-49000, but I don't think that is what you are looking for. Could you post a picture or diagram?

Hap

Comment

Hap, I just looked up the price of the valve seals. 3 bucks each...did you find a place that sold them as kits?

Steve

Comment

Hap, I just looked up the price of the valve seals. 3 bucks each...did you find a place that sold them as kits?

Steve
          No I haven't...need to look though. I was just going to get them from Ron Ayers. It would be great if I could find a set.

Hap

Comment

I followed a link by McKiver and it looks like a full gasket kit goes for about 60-70USD at http://www.partsnmore.com/ I don't know if the seals are meant for the new or old valves/guides though. The replacement guides are oversize so the seals would be different right? I guess you could knurl the new guides in order to use the old valves.

Steve

Comment

The seals would be the same regardless of new or old guide. The gasket set should come with the seals

Comment

Steve
                Steve the part you mention doesn't exist in earlier models the 1150's take an upper bush but the earlier ones dont
                Dink

Comment

Steve, as far as the seals are concerned Liska's has them for $1.55 each:

Pingels has them in packs of ten (strange number, kind of like buns versus hot dogs) but no price.

Manufacturer and distributor of high performance motorcycle parts and accessories for street and drag. Find fuel valves (petcocks), wheel chocks, air shifters, all electric shifter kits, wheelie bars and more here. Products for Yamaha, Harley-Davidson, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Honda available.

Hap

Comment

Thanks for the links Hap. It turns out my bikes share the same valve seals so I'll have to order a 10 pack for the 400. Now I have to fab some kind of spring compressor tool that locks onto the motor.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                    X