where do i find exhaust gaskets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where do i find exhaust gaskets?

I been looking on the internet no luck getting a new header and want to redo gaskets for a 82 gs11e

Re: where do i find exhaust gaskets?

Originally posted by bostrom155
    I been looking on the internet no luck getting a new header and want to redo gaskets for a 82 gs11e
    Look here at Bike Bandit. Ron Ayers says that they are discontinued 8O .

They arn't cheap...$4.28. It also says that they are not shown but they are. Bike Bandit has really screwed up their schamatics...

This sucks...

Hap

Comment

Exhaust gaskets can be had from denniskirk.com, part # 26-1083. $1.99 each.

bill

P.S. get their catalog, the website is weak.

Comment

same part number for every GS?

Comment

Looks like the same part # for all GS750 thru 1150s be they E, ES, G, GK, GL, L, S or T.
          Did I miss any?

bill

Comment

Thanks, Bill, you are a life saver!

Hap \/

Comment

Both of my bikes use the same part #. I wonder why they are so hard to find...I got mine from the local dealer at an incredible markup. They go for 2.93 at Ron Ayers.

14181-01D00 is the new number preceded by two old ones.

Cheers, Steve

Comment

thanks one and all

Comment

Originally posted by srivett
                  Both of my bikes use the same part #. I wonder why they are so hard to find...I got mine from the local dealer at an incredible markup. They go for 2.93 at Ron Ayers.

14181-01D00 is the new number preceded by two old ones.

Cheers, Steve
                  They (Ron Ayers) must have a glitch in their system...when you type in the original part number, 14181-11010, it comes up to a screen that says that this part number has been superceded by another part number, 14181-11020, and that part has been discontinued. But when you type 14181-11020 in the search feature it comes up with Steve's results...

Hap

Comment

Hi Hap,
                    If you try looking for a full gasket set for our bike you have to do that over 8 times! Dealership systems follow the part #s to the newest version automatically.

Oh yeah, I sent you an email about the manual but I don't think it made it to your place.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by srivett

Oh yeah, I sent you an email about the manual but I don't think it made it to your place.

Steve
                      It's probably at my work e-mail...I had to change to it while I was locating another ISP. I've been on vacation for the past three weeks so I have not had a chance to check it.

Hap

Comment

Hmmmm. I got my exhaust gaskets from my local dealer for $2.50 apiece. Not a bad deal for once.

Comment

that's cool i'm gonna check into that tomorrow a.m. thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X