I need your Ebay Expertise Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need your Ebay Expertise Help

i didnt know which forum to put this in. But it seems that most of you know how to use the ebay, and ive been surfing everyday trying to find some dang side covers for my 1980 gs400L. I dont even want to ride it and park it in public with the starter motor and battery hanging out the side like a sore thumb. If you guys stumble across any adds for side covers for that particular model when surfing, could you please PM them to me. I cant seem to find them. I have asked other ppl on this site if they have any extra, i keep getting PM's back saying that a pair just went for x amount of $ on ebay, how could i miss that!!!! so please, if you guys see any side covers for a 400, or a 450, i believe they are the same part number, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. i am a fellow GS'er, but i am yet to be a fellow GS'er on the road

I see you are from Canada so you most likley have a Canadian model which is why you can't find them on ebay. If I was you I would check with your local dealer about availability of NEW
    Bike Bandit only lists a GN400 for 1980 and a GS450 no GS400 so I don't know if that would be the same bike but both of them have covers that appear to be available new. around $45 @

Comment

Tanner: You could go through the gallery here and figure out what "appears" to match. I've seen a 1986 four cylinder GS400 that uses the same body as my twin so there's a lot to look out for (your bike is different if it's an 80 though). Search for different things like GS 400, GS400, GSX 400, GSX400 on ebay.ca (click on the world toggle and you'll get tons of stuff in Germany too) Ebay.com is a bit of a pain to use as it shows parts that people won't send us. You'll have to use the "advanced search" so you can block the word "lexus" as there's a Lexus GS400... I went through everything last night looking for something and didn't see any covers though.

There are sites where you can request the dealer find parts anywhere in Canada for you too! www.motorbiketoronto.com allows this.

Steve

Comment

Hey Tanner,

I just did a test search for "suzuki gs4*" and got a pretty refined list of stuff for the various 400 and 450 models. Add "cover" to the above search and it finds a valve cover gasket (I think it was) and a side cover for an 81 450.

Mark

Comment

I think Lynn pointed you in the best direction in this case. Call around to all dealerships you can find until you find one if possible. Most likely they will be able to get you a cover. Plus some of the covers on bike bandit for slightly different models may be the same part. You would have to get the part numbers from your dealers.

A tip for ebay I have found effective since I used to have the same issue you do is this. Try this one. Copy and paste whats between the arrows here into the ebay search engine and check the box for search title and descriptions as well. Not the arrows but everything in between here:

--> (Suzuki GS400L,Suzuki G S400L,Suzuki G S 400L,Suzuki GS400,Suzuki G S400,Suzuki G S 400) <--

That search returns one cover for a 1978 GS400. Another thing to do then is view the other items people are selling who are selling a part for your type of bike. I have already found parts they are auctioning that way that didn't come up under the search. I have become quite the ebay scavenger and can tell you that these are good tips. Let me know if you need any more help. I have some bidding tips as well now that can help you win items and keep the cost low.

Comment

on e-bay, search suzuki side covers. There is a set for an 82 450 L, also another one that says right side cover. It has a part #, but they don't know what it fits. Who knows?, maybe.

Comment

Re: I need your Ebay Expertise Help

I can sympatize. I've got an '84 450LE, in '84 the 450 didn't go stateside. So all the catalogs show parts 80-83 and 85+; lots of LD's and LF's, no LE's...bummer. What you can do is, your local dealer will have the original microfiche for your bike. Get the suzuki part number for the covers. Bikebandit.com will let you search by oem part number. With a little dgging you can find the other models that you are sure have the same side covers as yours.

Hope this helps...Sam

Originally posted by Tanner
              i didnt know which forum to put this in. But it seems that most of you know how to use the ebay, and ive been surfing everyday trying to find some dang side covers for my 1980 gs400L. I dont even want to ride it and park it in public with the starter motor and battery hanging out the side like a sore thumb. If you guys stumble across any adds for side covers for that particular model when surfing, could you please PM them to me. I cant seem to find them. I have asked other ppl on this site if they have any extra, i keep getting PM's back saying that a pair just went for x amount of $ on ebay, how could i miss that!!!! so please, if you guys see any side covers for a 400, or a 450, i believe they are the same part number, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. i am a fellow GS'er, but i am yet to be a fellow GS'er on the road

Comment

Working...
              X