Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine cases...

Hi there,

I have another question........ engine case polishing. The cases on my '80 550L are rough looking and seem a bit corroded. How can I make them look new again?

Thanks.

first you will need to remove the plasticote finish the factory put on them the get some metal polish and buff them into the shine you want then recote them for ease of maintenance. Or once you have old coating removed you can paint to your liking

Comment

If you do a search there are some really good posts to give you details on all this, and some contain links to excellent sites with a lot of info on methods.

Comment

Try this one

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Pretty good step by step polishing,

Someone posted it here a year or so ago.
        Keith
        -------------------------------------------
        1980 GS1000S, blue and white
        2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Find a bead blasting cabinet. Use bead blasting media, not sand. I think it's called glass oxide. It will make them look new. Polishing cases would be a real pain.

Comment

Originally posted by rosco15
            Find a bead blasting cabinet. Use bead blasting media, not sand. I think it's called glass oxide. It will make them look new. Polishing cases would be a real pain.
            I think his were like mine that they were polished from the factory then given a plasticote. the coating has chipped away and left the aluminum in bad disarray.

Comment

Working...
            X