Filter Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filter Question

Is a Foam Air Filter to restrictive for my GS550L. The Suzuki shop mechanic says that the original filter for the bike was a paper filter and that they are not available anymore. He put a new 13780-47010 Foam Air Filter in the Airbox. Will this filter make the bike run richer than a paper filter or is it a satisfactory filter for this model bike?

What year is your bike? My 1980 550L uses a foam air cleaner element in the stock airbox. You could still get it a year or so ago.

Comment

Exactly the opposit a foam air filter such as the K+N are less restrictive which could cause a mild lean condition. However generally nothing to worry about.
      I have a GS-1100 with a foam cleaner and have experienced no problems whatsoever.

Comment

Air Filter Question

Oops, Forgot to post the year model...It a 79 GS550L.. And you think the Foam filter will allow more air to the carbs than the Paper filter? I am diligently searching for the cover that goes on the airbox so I can be sure that they are adjusting the carbs correctly. It seems to be running rich as the carbs are fouling.

Comment

Working...
        X