Get year model from VIN #

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get year model from VIN #

I've seen this question a few times before, but no answeres. While looking at my insurance policies today, I happened to notice that the 10 th character in the VIN on all five of my GS's is the letter that designates the year model. "79" GS 1000, tenth is N, "83" GS 1100, tenth is D, "85" GS 550 & 1150 tenth is F, and "86" GS 1150 the tenth character is G. Not absolutely positive, but it sure looks right

VIN # Question

That's interesting.. My VIN has no letters in it.. I have a '79 GS1000_?

Herb
    (mtngoat)

Comment

Are you sure ? Would you post your VIN, I'd like to see what I can make out of it.

Comment

VIN..

I pulled out my Colorado Title to make sure it wasn't in error..
        GS1000106747.

Herb

Comment

1981 1000GLx

Vin:GS100G703239

Regards

Einar Skog

Comment

Mine is GS1000100652
            No letters after the GS part at the beginning but what I do know from that is that it is a GS1000 and it was the 652nd one Suzuki made.

maybe it only applies to certain CC's Ron? Not sure. That number is right off the frame.

Comment

Sorry fellows, my mistake. On my old wrecked "79" GS 1000 S, the 10th & 11th digits are 1 & 1. When I went to the back of the shed to look at the VIN I was expecting to see an N as the 10th character, and thought I did see an N. Another look today, after cleaning the rust & dust off the etched in numbers better, I saw 11, instead of N. Sorry for the bad imfo.

Comment

Working...
              X