How heavy is a V&H exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How heavy is a V&H exhaust?

A strange question I know, but........ I'm after a V&H exhayst for my '77 GS750. V&H won't ship one to me in the UK so I plan to have it shipped to a friend in Michigan, then he's going to post it to me in the UK. So, anyone know how heavy this exhaust is so I can work out the approximate postage costs?

I'd have to guess my V&H Supersport probably weighs about 20 lbs. Good Luck.

Comment

They also go by the size of the package Guessing $100

Comment

KW: what's their problem with shipping to the UK? It's the same FedEx guy that picks stuff up to ship within the US. Tell them they are gonna take your money order and like it! :twisted:

Steve

Comment

They won't ship to the UK - they want me to deal with V&H Europe. I phoned V&H Europe a couple of months ago and they said that they'd stopped importing exhausts for the older bikes. There's the cost thing too - we in the UK pay more for just about everything than you do in the USA. Normally this tends to be on a $ for ? basis. So, lets say an exhaust in the US is priced at $299, it would cost us in the UK ?299. At current exchange rates that's around $550!!!! And before you ask, no we don't get paid more here, just ripped off with everything we buy. And don't get me started about the price of petrol (gas) - too late........... it's the equivalent of $6 per gallon in the UK. That's over $77 to fill the tank in my car, and I have to do that at least once a week!!!

So even if I have to pay $100 to have the exhaust shipped it's still a good deal!

Comment

what's their problem with shipping to the UK? It's the same FedEx guy that picks stuff up to ship within the US.
            I get BS like that all the time trying to get stuff shipped to Canada from dealers on E-bay. To ship internationally, they have to fill out a 1/2 page customs declaration form and that is too challenging for some people...

Mark

Comment

My buddy told me about a similar problem a customer of his had. He wanted a Jardine header like mine, but the distributor for Canada doesn't offer it anymore, but it still can be had in the States. He contacted Jardine, and they said no, we can't sell it to you because our product has to go through the distributor in Canada. Tough luck if it's not in their catalogue! He contacted a dealer in the States, ordered the header, rode his bike down, and had it installed there. Stupid huh? ](*,)
              Kevin
              E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
              "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
              Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Re: How heavy is a V&H exhaust?

How strange you should ask. I just happen to have a almost new Vance and Hines 4 into 1 exhaust system for a 1977-79 GS 750 E sitting in my shop. It weighs 11 pounds.

Earl

Originally posted by KW
                A strange question I know, but........ I'm after a V&H exhayst for my '77 GS750. V&H won't ship one to me in the UK so I plan to have it shipped to a friend in Michigan, then he's going to post it to me in the UK. So, anyone know how heavy this exhaust is so I can work out the approximate postage costs?
                All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Thanks Earl,

Allowing a couple of pounds for packaging materials that should be $56 to post to the UK. So, $355 all in for the exhaust......... Bargain!!!!!

Comment

that really is a good deal. I paid $300 for mine plus about $25 shipping.

Earl

quote="KW"]Thanks Earl,

Allowing a couple of pounds for packaging materials that should be $56 to post to the UK. So, $355 all in for the exhaust......... Bargain!!!!! [/quote]
                    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I bought a V&H system off eBay last year, & shipping was $38 from Ohio to the sunny West Midlands. Watch it - some guy's like to rip you off on shipping costs.

Comment

Working...
                      X