?? for Nick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

?? for Nick

Have you or anyone else used a 110/90V19 on the front of your GS850G/1000G If so what was the result?

I have tried 110/90 and 110/80 x 18inch, as well as 100/90 tyres, so the experince may be the same.

Speedo error is the main issue. An 80 profile gives about the same reading, but a 90 profile reads slow. Depends a bit on the tyre as well from my experince. A 110/80 ME33 is redaing 10% too fast compared to a BT45 110/90 which was about the right speed reading. I used to run a 4.10 Avon years ago on the standard 19 inch rim, and it work fine.

Other than that, the larger tyres are good with full fairings on, a bit more road contact. They are a little heavier, so perhaps suspension tuning is required, but depends on your riding style. For normal road use I find they feel a little lighter for steering, but I do run a slightly wider rim on the front. The tyre profile may not be ideal with the standard rims. Clearance with the front guard may be an issue as the tyre is noticeably wider between the forks.

For hard running I prefer the bigger contact patch with a sticky tyre. For normal riding nothing much in it.

Comment

Never tried a "V" rated tire. I always install 110/90H-19 tires on the front, and have for years. MM90-19 Dunlop K491's when I've gone that route.

Right now I have a Bridgestone Spitfire 110/90H19 on the front. This replaced the Conti Blitz of the same size I had on before.

Nick

Comment

110/90-19 is all I have had on my bike, I did have a dunlop and it fit good and the spedo was dead on accurate, I have a chin shin Highmax on it now (good tire especially for the money) and it is actually wider and a bit bigger than the dunlop even though they are marked as being the same size.
        it is a tight fit but it clears everything, but my speedo now reads a bit slow.
        it is more like a 115mm wide tire

Comment

Thought it would fit I bid on a New Metzler Me33 on ebay. V just means a higher speed rating. Gona be an expensive ebay week for me I just bought a GS1000G motor with 12K miles????

Comment

Working...
          X