Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

found an 82 GS1100L for $600, what is it really worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

found an 82 GS1100L for $600, what is it really worth?

The bike has been sitting for ten years under a tarp in the Seattle area (moist.....rainy...etc) The inside of the tank looks VERY rusty. The formerly shiny aluminum parts are a rather nasty whitish color (but not pitted, that I can see) The tires are bald but the seat is in great shape and so is the paint and chrome. It has about 26K on the clock. She wants $600, I think it's worth maybe.... $300. What's the general concensus?

Thanks,

Kevin

Sounds more like a $300 offer, whould be a nice bike when fixed

Comment

Go to your local bank, request a brand-new $100 bill, wave it in front of the owner's nose, and give him half a minute. If he doesn't grab it by the end of the half-minute, walk away.

Nick

Comment

What they said. Lotta work ahead of you on that one.

Great bike, and likely good engine. But a lotta work..... Seattle ain't nice to bikes that are stored outside.

Comment

Re: found an 82 GS1100L for $600, what is it really worth?

Originally posted by moosebeast
          The bike has been sitting for ten years under a tarp

Thanks,

Kevin
          Like Nick said: $100 or walk away. JMO
          Charlie

Comment

Last year I bought a 82 1100E that had been in storage for 17yrs but in a garage (along with a Z1R but I was too late on that one). Picked it up for $300. The tank was rusted out and I wound up replacing it eventually with one from ebay ($80). Rebuilt the carbs, put on new tires, new battery, replaced the regulator and stator just in case. You get the idea. Runs beautifully and is fast as hell. I don't have a single regret but then again I've also enjoyed working on it.

Comment

Usually it's a labor of love not money, that is why so many motorcycles projects get abandoned to the back corner of the garage

Comment

I just bought a 80 GS1100L for $150.00 yesterday. It was under a carport type cover for 12 years. Needs tires battery etc... I don't think I would pay $600.00 for it though. I am going to try to get it going, that motor really looks impressive.:-D

Michael.

Comment

Working...
                X