Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what are my chances of beating a 96 600 katana in 1/4 mile??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what are my chances of beating a 96 600 katana in 1/4 mile??

On 1/4 mile track, my gs1100e vs a 96 Katana 600.....

I figure i have him by a second or so he is giving up 40hp and i am giving up 100lbs....

Earth Brown 1100e

what year model 1100e?? this would be a important piece of information as the 1100e went from high 11 second range (80) to high 10 second range in three years of production.
    the 83 GS1100e was the first production bike to reliably break into the 10's, the Honda v65 magna was a bit quicker but only under very experienced hands. (Gleason) (sp?)
    but in your case it all boils down to who is the better racer, and who launches better.

Comment

I would kinda think any year 1100 would spank a 600 Katana unless there were a large disparity in rider skill/weight/state of tune. The Kat runs in the low 12s, about a half second quicker than my 750. I don't think that should worry you too much. (I'm just going by the MCN test bike index, and the road test often quoted for the 750. Your mileage may vary)

Comment

Hmmmm I'm thinking about it, and I'm no racer, never will be. The 1100 has the Kat by a half second at least, but I guess a bad launch could eat that up with no problem. Maybe I should just stick to 'all else being equal'...

-'bench racer' Hotblack

Comment

If it were a GSXR600 not a chance. The Kat is the old air/oil cooled motor. They used the same basic castings as the 750. Practice your launch. Rev the engine to 5-6,000 rpm and get the clutch out as quick as you can without bogging the engine.

Comment

That little Gixxer is amazing, isn't it?

Comment

my bike is a 82 gs 1100e i fighur 11sec at like 120 from my tests.....

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Hotblack
                That little Gixxer is amazing, isn't it?
                All the repli-racer 600's are all the sportbike most people need. You would have to be a pretty good rider to want or need more. And the latest crop of 600's are wearing 750 quality chassis parts.

Kind of off topic, but I saw an awesome GSXR1000 tonight at my softball game. Frame, swingarm, wheels, canister, and every other aluminum part was polished to the max. It was stunning. I thought my bike looked pretty good until I saw this thing. Now I'm almost embarassed.

Comment

yeah but his bike wouldn't have been made if it weren't for ours right

Comment

Hell yeah! Tell him to respect his elders!!

Dm of mD

Comment

Read down below-most of the time this is true.

Comment

Originally posted by earth brown gs1100e
                        my bike is a 82 gs 1100e i fighur 11sec at like 120 from my tests.....

Kevin
                        Just slap on a 14T sprocket removed the air filters, install 150 jets and removed the exhaust baffle and watch that thing fly.
                        1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
                        1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
                        1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
                        1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
                        01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Working...
                        X