Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INSTALLING NEW/USED CARBS!!!???

Hey guys,
    I am purchasing some used carbs that are being completely renovated and cleaned out. All new jets, float valves, diaphragms, everything. The guy even said he would synchronize them for me so that all i would have to do is put them on the bike and ride off. Can he actually do that??? without them being put on a bike???? ANYWAY, my main questions are, how do i install my carbs, do i need to put fluid in them or lube them up before installing them??? do i need certain parts to install and lubricants and fluids and everything else im not mentioning???? uhhh help???
    Thanks!!!
    Tim[/b]

Yes he can do that. Its not quite as accurate, but its pretty close. You might need some lube (silicone) to make the rubber boots slide on easier. The airbox side is quite difficult. Just have patience and don't rush yourself. The carbs are not fragile so don't be afraid to push on 'em.
    Good luck.....

Comment

Also.... Hook up your throttle cable before you slide the carbs into the boots. Doing it after is almost impossible.

Don't forget to beathe deeply. In through the nose out through the mouth.... Slowly......

P.S. Have patience. It will work out....

Comment

mine is a 450 so I only had to deal with two carbs. I unbolted the air box and slid it back. It won't go far but it helps. When re-installing my carbs I put the boots back on the carbs off the bike. I did not calmp them down. I pushed, I do mean PUSHED, them in from one side. I connected the air box side first. Them re-positioned the air box and bolted it back up. I connceted the front of the carbs to the engine with the bolts then tighted all the strap clamps on the rubber boots. I recomend replacing the phillps head screws that connect the forward side of the carbs to the engine with Hex head bolts. Getting a screw driver, even an off set in there is a pain in the butt. With hex haeds you can use a wrench or off set scocket.

Comment

Working...
        X