head shake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

head shake

I have read that the gs700 has issues with this, Has anyone had this happen to them and at what speed?

I maxed out the 700 I used to have at 130mph, no head shake, very stable. If you get headshake on that bike something isn't quite right.

Comment

Or it has turned into a Kawi LTD 550 8O

If that happens sell it and get another one!

Seriously, I have never heard of this on the 700cc and up bikes.

It is usually 650 or smaller bikes that suffer from this although
      there can always be exceptions.

Comment

well i thought it sounded wrong when i read the post a while back. my bike has been a very stable and strong running machine. Actually i wouldn't mind finding another only in an es version.

Comment

Steering wobble, increasing with speed, is usually loose/worn steering head bearings. I think some models are just less tolerant of poorly torqued bearings than others.
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Im working some wobble problems. Its a high speed thing. Im looking at swing arm bearings for that one. Then one day I let go of the bars at 10 mph and she almost came unglued. A new front tire fixed that. I have a dent in my front rim that didnt look good on the spin balancer. Got a new rim comming with brake discs. Mine are warpped again.

Comment

Working...
            X