A diferent IDLE issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A diferent IDLE issue

I have been looking for info about this but no luck...

My problem is that after a freeway run and sometimes on the street, my bike will hold the idle pretty high, i don't know how high because i have no instruments...

I checked the cables to see if it was stuck, kinked or something and could not find anything.

Does anyone have more ideas of what i can look for?

BTW, bike is a 85 or 86GS550L

Marcelo

My butterflys would hold slightly open after a long hot run. Lubing them with WD-40 would work for a while, but eventually it would start up again. During the last carb rebuild I had the shop specifically work this issue. They cleaned some crud (very minor) off of the linkages and its been working great for quite awhile now.

Comment

get carbs out...

So basically i'll have to take the carbs out again eh?

Does anybody else have any advices?

Just as a test, i think i'll do the WD spray test...

Comment

The crud that was cleaned off was actually exterior of the carb bodies. You may be able to get a pretty good clean up with some WD40 and a tooth brush. Roll the throttle to expose all the parts (engine off, fuel disconnected of course) and good luck!! Maybe a very light metal brush would help out too.

Comment

Outside of carbs?

I thought they cleaned the inside...should i remove the carb and clean it inside or leave it on the bike and clean the outside? :?

Comment

Just try cleaning all the exterior linkages.

Comment

Working...
            X