Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ehxaust interchangability

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what model/year exhausts will fit on to a 1979 GS-850? From what I can tell, the 1980 model 850 would work, but what about later years and different displacements? I saw a set off of a 750 for sale, but when I checked the parts nos. on partsbandit, the numbers weren't even close, so now I'm hoping on of you guys can shed some light on the subject.

thanks in advance,
    Morgan

That is the 64 million dollar question. You have now officially reopened this can of worms.

Comment

That is the 64 million dollar question. You have now officially reopened this can of worms.
      Yeah, that's kinda what I figured. :roll:

Morgan

Comment

i hope i can help

I just bought a exhaust to do the opposite of your question (1979 exhaust of a 1980 GS850G bike). My original 1980 has a chamber under the oil pan that looks like a "H". It connects the the twin exhaust cans to all headers. One thing about the 1980 style exhaust is that the oil ban has threads in it to mount the exhaust. My 1979 version exhaust does not have the "H" piece or mounts on the oil pan base. Beside of that difference, they both bolt up the same.

As far as the 750s exhaust.. dont know.. I know the 850 has the "GS850" stamped on the exhaust pipe.. unlike the airbox that says "GS750, GS850, GS850G"

I hope this helps!

Hall

Comment

Working...
        X