X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorate Tires

Anybody got any favorite tire brands?
    Jus850

The Dunlops I currently run (491s) are doing pretty good. I had some Pirrelli treads on the bike awhile back, can't remember the exact model (MT89s or MT99s, or something like that). They were an incredible tire because they would even stick to teflon (well......maybe not teflon) but didn't last hardly at all. If I remember right I got about 3K from the back and 7 or 8K from the front.

Comment

Originally posted by dallyr
      The Dunlops I currently run (491s) are doing pretty good. I had some Pirrelli treads on the bike awhile back, can't remember the exact model (MT89s or MT99s, or something like that). They were an incredible tire because they would even stick to teflon (well......maybe not teflon) but didn't last hardly at all. If I remember right I got about 3K from the back and 7 or 8K from the front.
      YOU JUST SAID THE MAGIC WORDS--DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE MODEL OF THE PIRELLIS WERE FOR SURE--THEY WERE ALWAYS MY FAVORITE JUST FOR THE REASON YOU STATED. I WOULD HAVE CHOSEN THEM OVER THE BRIDGESTONE BATTLAX, BUT IN THE BOONIES WHERE I LIVE I DONT EVEN WASTE MY TIME WITH SOME SEARCHES FOR MERCHANDISE

Comment

I'm glad to see that I am not the only one who gets only 3000 to 4000 miles out of a rear tire and 8000 out of a front!

Hap

Comment

They were the MT68 (rear) & MT69 (front). I looked this up on the Pirrelli web site. The latest models are the "e". Costs seems about the same. They also go by the nickname "route". Very smooth ride compared to the Dunlops I currently run. The Pirellis had just a tad more flex to the tire.

P.S. I also ran them tubeless (I know...I know.....another thread). Just had to throw that in here.

Comment

P.S. to SlowPoke.....

You can order these tires right off the internet.

Comment

ok I found the website and will begin to look--i have a lot of miles left on my battlax any how
              thanks

Comment

P.S. to SlowPoke.....

You can order these tires right off the internet.
                I found a pirelli tire shop on line.

Comment

The web site I found was:

Comment

Check out this site, they have pictures of all the tires:

Comment

this website you found seems to be less expensive

Comment

3-4000 MILES! That's not much... is it? My Metzeler tires, I've had since I got the bike, and I've put 6000 miles on it and they still look fine. I don't seem to have trouble with traction when it rains -- as long as I keep it out of the center of the road I'm looking to change the front tire, just because it's a funky tread design by today's standards, but it's got plenty of tread.

Roger

PS -- Good tire links! Great prices.

Comment

Metzelers on everything.

Comment

i had a Pirelli MT68 Strada rear tire, i just replaced with an IRC 130/90H17 they look cool but im not sure how well they perform.
                            by the way i got 6000 miles on that Pirelli with a few burnouts
                            Jus850

Comment

Hmmm Hap Cal..I thought that sort of mileage was normal, in fact on the high side for a front tyre. The only rears I have had last more than 10,000km are harder touring tyres (current spitfire 11R is like this) but they are compromised on grip. There seems to be a lack of really sticky tyres for the GS these days..sigh!!

Comment

Working...
                              X