550 Carb Pic Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

550 Carb Pic Request

I finally got my 83 GS550ES to run after a long struggle, thanks to everyone who helped. When I got the bike it was in pieces does anyone have or mind taking a picture of the throttle linkage on the carb end. Preferably on a 83-87 550 Im pretty sure any of those would be the same or pics of anything similar. Im not sure what piece Im missing for the linkage In the attached pic If you look at part number 13 the little bracket that attaches to the float bowl, that is all I have now. I just have the end of the cable stuck through that and it is way to high, it pull the throttle open way to much. So if anyone has a pic that would be great or just an Idea of what part I need.

Not sure what you exactly mean. You don't need more than the part you mentioned.
    Are you sure that the cable is long enough?
    Can't you get any slack by using the adjusters at the end of the cable and at the throttle handle?
    If not, the cable seems to be too short.

Comment

You are aware that part #13 on your posted picture attaches to the carb top , not the float bowl.
      Dink

Comment

If part 13 is all there is maybe it just has the wrong cable, I bought it in pieces and thats what it had. Part 13 seems to fit like a glove mounted on top of the float bowl cover, I dunno where else it would go.

Comment

Ok, so the cable goes through 13 and the barrel end attaches to 15. There should be 2 nuts on the cable, one goes above bracket 13 and one goes below bracket 13 (thus trapping the cable). Mine runs the cable very low in the bracket, about 2 nut turns from bottomed out.

Make sure the cable is well seated in 15, because if it runs on the side, it will seem short.

Good luck. If I pull mine apart again, I will snap a picture.

Kenny

Comment

One more question, Is the mixture screw in this picture? If so which one?

Comment

Balance screw is #22, idle mixture screws are not shown, but are on either side of #41 covered with little disks.

Kenny

Comment

as far as the mixture screws go, do you know which one is which?

Comment

Working...
                X