Auto Cancel Signals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Cancel Signals

What do I need to have the Self Cancelling turn signals work correctly? They work except for the Self cancel part. I understand they need a signal from a speed sensor to tell the relay when to cancel. Where does this signal come from?

I've been through the wiring to correct all the bad grounds and poor connections but still have intermittent problems. Sometime they work, other times ??????

Thanks in advance for the help.
    RockinGS

I had the same problem till some smart ass in Holland pointed out that they wouldnt work on my 1100e if the speedo cable was broken or dis connected.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty
      I had the same problem till some smart ass in Holland pointed out that they wouldnt work on my 1100e if the speedo cable was broken or dis connected.
      8O 8O 8O

Comment

I wish they never existed. :x I'll be sitting at a light and notice that the fool things have decided to take a brake...one of these days it's going to get me a ticket.

Steve

Comment

There's a small magnetic sensor (Reed relay?) on top of the speedo, that generates the signal for the self canceling turn signals.
          It looks like a small tube with two wires connected to it.
          It just clicks into place. It might have fallen out.
          Happened to one of my GS's once.

Comment

Speedo working great.

I'd use it the way they are but I've gotten very used to them self cancelling and end up driving for mile with my last turn flashing away.

I guess the guy behind me is cursing up a storm &%$@&*)(!)(#^*)*&!&*

Since they work every once in awhile, I'm hoping it's something simple.

Comment

Thanks jojo!

I got that post while I was typing my last reply.

I'l take a look this weekend.

RockinGS

Comment

Disconnected mine.......... I like manual control over my signals.

Comment

Ditch the whole deal and get yourself a left handlebar switch from an early GSXR with push to cancel. I got one from a '90 model and it plugs right into the '82 wiring harness. No splicing required. Then go under the left side cover, disconnect the control unit and throw it away. Saves weight and you have functional turn signals.

Comment

Working...
                  X