No announcement yet.

Top End Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd have to agree with Leon - I'm running just under 4k at 60 ... 8)

Comment

Top End Speed

Yes!

I will check speed with my handheld GPS and see what it reads in comparison.

As for tach I have a tach/ dwell meter and it seems prety close.

thanks for the tip about top speed. You only know that fact because of math equasions right......... not from experience

Comment

speedo error

When I first got my glz running, it seemed I was going much faster than what the speedo was indicating. INDEED, at an indicated 55, I was actually doing 65 as compared to a comparison with Julies Equinox. I cant speak to how close he speedo on the equinox is, but Ive never had reason to question it. Indeed, maybe a run with the gps is a good idea for you to check that speedo. For whatever its worth, the tach on mine doesnt work either, haha.

Comment

Considering how many different rear ends that oil seal cross references to in the thread about the 850 in Argentina, has anyone ever researched a rear-end swap from another Suzuki? Yamaha shafties almost all used the same rear end, from 650cc to V-Max/Venture. The guys at XS11.com found a useful drop in revs swapping in an XS750/850 final drive.

Comment

At least you won't have to worry about wheelying.
            NO PIC THANKS TO FOTO BUCKET FOR BEING RIDICULOUS

Current Rides: 1980 Suzuki GS1000ET, 2009 Yamaha FZ1, 1983 Honda CB1100F, 2006 H-D Fatboy
            Previous Rides: 1972 Yamaha DS7, 1977 Yamaha RD400D, '79 RD400F Daytona Special, '82 RD350LC, 1980 Suzuki GS1000E (sold that one), 1982 Honda CB900F, 1984 Kawasaki GPZ900R

Comment

Originally posted by Roger P. View Post
              Considering how many different rear ends that oil seal cross references to in the thread about the 850 in Argentina, has anyone ever researched a rear-end swap from another Suzuki? Yamaha shafties almost all used the same rear end, from 650cc to V-Max/Venture. The guys at XS11.com found a useful drop in revs swapping in an XS750/850 final drive.
              The final from an M109 is a direct fit.
              Just has a larger/longer drive-shaft.

Daniel

Comment

Taller Rears???? High heels?

Okay, the 1200 Madura has a 32/11 versus the GS1000 34/11.
                Then there is the GSX1100 G which had a 32/12 rear. You can figure that out, yes?
                G
                sigpic1983 1100 Katana - soon to be turbo Busa powered.
                2007 GSXR1K-Sold-But not forgotten.
                Have 2X ZG14 engine's for '81 GS750E project.
                '82 GS750E frame is TITLED awaiting GSXR1127/12B engine and '81 1100E slowly being built.

Comment

M109 final drive ratio would get you to about 3500rpm @ 60mph.

Comment

Working...
                  X