Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to this forum-GS850G;4 into 1 or the original 4 into 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to this forum-GS850G;4 into 1 or the original 4 into 2?

Hi everybody
    I am from greece-Iknow it's pretty far from you-and I have a GS850G '81 model.(It's damn hard-not easy to find parts- to have an old bike like GS here but I love my 850!)
    My original 4 into 2 are rusty and I m thinking of changing them with a 4 to 1 system.One thing is the weight loss.Another one is power-what else?I have been told that generally the 4 into 1 increases the power but mainly in the area between 6000-9000 rpm.In the same way the 4 into 2 gives enough horses lower than 6000.Does this stands for the GS's?As the people who told me that are no GS experienced I wonder what a GS owner would say..
    I 'm also looking for any suggestions on what kind of 4 into 1 would be better(yoshimura, kerker, etc....)
    THANK YOU ALL-long live GS !!

4 into 2 pipes

I have a vance and hines 4in1 exhaust and noticed the power about 17 ponies on the dyno rejetted of course and they sound awsome like a newer bike worth the 275.00 for sure 8)

Comment

Re: 4 into 2 pipes

Originally posted by Travis White
      I have a vance and hines 4in1 exhaust and noticed the power about 17 ponies on the dyno rejetted of course and they sound awsome like a newer bike worth the 275.00 for sure 8)
      Thank u Travis! I m thinking of a Vance&Hines too.It's great to hear that

Comment

Are they around the same price for a 750?
        2010 Honda VFR1200F
        1983 Suzuki GS750T (sold)
        Being Revisited
        1981 Honda CM400T
        http://www.bikepics.com/members/cloudbreakmd/

Comment

I ordered a Jardine 4:1 for my 79 850, even though every body says go with Vance and Hines on this forum. Should be in tomorrow. Jardine claims no re-jetting is required (at least on the Bike Bandit description), and this swayed my decision along with previous positive experience with Jardine. We'll see if its actually true about the jetting! Most everyone here however, recommends the Vance and Hines.

Complicating matters is that I really wanted a Kerker! Oh well. I'll be glad to have my old rusty exhaust finally gone.

Comment

You could be better off looking at the UK for parts, they also make some good 4-1s there.
            If you can pick up a copy of a magazine called "Classic Motorcycle Mechanics", it deal's with bike's from the 70s & 80s, most of the major part suppliers advertise in it.
            And the frieght wont hurt as much.

Comment

The V&H 421 header on my GS1100 sounds really good. The rejetting comes into play if you are freeing up the exhaust flow to allow more to come out unrestricted. If they claim no re-jet is necessary, that pretty much you wont get max power out. Cause more air/gas in and out = more power. It does make the exhaust sounds much better, deeper, and just like a crotch rocket bike of today. Plus the throttle response, is really quicker than b4.

Comment

Working...
              X