modded 1150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

modded 1150

since i can't seem to finish jetting my 1100 with the 1150 engine right, a friend let me have his 1150 so i can ride (he bought himself a busa).

one sweet looking streetfighter, here's what i think i know about it:

shaved/ported head (dunno about cams)
    4:2:1 high mount yosh pipe
    gsxr banana swingarm with 180 rear tire
    gsxr inverted front with gsxr dash
    mikuni rs36 carbs
    rearsets
    apparently the top speed is over 260km/h, but i never exceed 160 anyways, so i dont care...

that's one sweet swingarm but i'm afraid its a bit short (smells like a wheelie machine)

i'm doing a bit of work on it and hopefully will be able to ride it by friday

the bike scares me a bit. it feels very heavy compared to the 1100 in my avatar, at low speeds anyways, havent gone fast on it yet. steering isnt what i'm used to, but i guess i'll learn.

8O 8O 8O That is true freind ... and one hell of a machine!

Comment

A steering dampener would make it feel much better. It might still be heavy, weight wise, but will feel solid as a rock beneath you.

Comment

i dont think a steering damper is needed, the bike feels solid as a rock, just doesnt feel as light as the other bike (the clubman bars on the other bike make it feel feather light, it's seriously as easy to ride as a moped)

sagent: is that kitten stalking pigeons with a sniperscope? funneh!

yeah, im really lucky with my friends if unlucky with my bikes. one friend gave me his bike when i needed one that was more reliable than my 750 (unfortunately it's still running too rich) and another friend lent me this sweet 1150 so i could ride since it doesnt look like i'll get the carbs sorted out this summer.

Comment

come on bert, stop teasing and show 'em a pic!...

ok then!...i'll do it.

Comment

hey claude, you strike again.

that is exactly the bike, sweet ain't it?

its got monster power too (it'll take me a while to tame)
            oh , and yeah, i want to buy this baby, so i'm currently taking donations...

i got 2 brand new 4:1 compete exhausts, some inverted forks and other little things to trade for cash...

Comment

extra parts

Hi: nice bike your friend lent you, let me know what kind of forks you have for sale

Comment

What's the name of that colour ?

That 1150 sure looks nice with that bright red paint job !!

Does anyone now what this specific colour is called or maybe the colour code ?

Comment

Working...
                X