X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

headlight/handlebar mod questions.

Hello ppl,

just a couple of quick questions.

I have my GSXR1100 front almost ready to go in.

vortex top triple with Renthal bars mounted on 2 inch risers.

the headlight bracket.. Im hoping a streetworks type bracket will work OK with a standard headlight (GSX1100E).

Would anybody know for sure? I'm trying to put off the cost of the Bates style lights, plus conserve the old bike look for a while.

the dashboard can be easily fitted with a steel plate adaptor screwed to the underside of the top triple.

while im here.. bar end weights.
    do i need them?
    what do they do exactly?

Cheers

Ed

while im here.. bar end weights.
    do i need them?
    what do they do exactly?
    No, you do not need them. They are used to reduce bar vibration, so it is up to you on whether you need some help there or not.

Mark

Comment

Hey Ed,

I have some headlight mounting brackets which mount to the forks that Im not using. Theyre designed for 7" headlight. The beauty of them is that you can slide them up or down the fork to get the headlight height you want. Let me know if you want to try them out to see if theyre what you're looking for. I'll also be selling my front fairing in the next month or so as I have a pop-up fairing that is being modified to accept two vertically stacked projector beams. So if your interested in a standard Kat fairing/subframe and headlight, let me know. PM me if you want.

As Mark said about the bar end weights, theyre to minimise vibrations through the 'bars. You can buy them from MCA for about $20 or so. Thos renthal 'bars youre getting, are they the tapered ones?

Cheers

James

Comment

Hey Mark and James,

thx for the info,

James,
        Id be keen to try the headlight bracket, my fork legs are 52 and 54mm diameter (stepped), so if they can be used for this would be very easy.

The bars i got from MCA, they are a road type low rise bar (very comfy).

tapered bars? Ive seen the term b4 but actually dont know where to look for a taper?

they are uniform along the length. 7/8"

see pic.

here the bars are mounted to a vortex triple

Cheers

Ed

Comment

I like the top triple clamp, Ed! Very nice.

The tapered bars are thicker in diameter wher they mount into the risers than they are at the ends where the grips go on. So in effect they taper down fom the middle of the bar towards each end to a 7/8ths diameter.

I have some on mine. Heres a pic when I was halfway through the job of putting them on. My bike came with clipons so I had to drill through my top triple clamp to mount the risers.

I'll measure my headlight brackets. They may be a bit smaller than your forks.

Comment

Hey James,

the vortex triple was a chance thing, brand new off ebay for very little outlay.. sometimes you get lucky!

thx for clearing up the bar taper thing, that makes sense.

I dont need much to change over the front end now, just an axle and spacers, will probably need to visit metro spares.

slowly slowly!

just visited your forum too

Cheers

Ed

Comment

Working...
            X