Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1150 or 1100 head? is one really better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: valves for street-strip rebuild

Originally posted by melray
    Howdy- any sources suggested for replacement valves, 1150 head?

Not a serious race engine, looking for increasing size if cost is within reason, especially on the exhaust side.

thanks all
    The largest selection;

Jay
    Speed Merchant
    http://www.gszone.biz

Comment

Years ago when I started drag racing Mopars we had the books and parts put out by Mopar for tech help. At first it was Hustle Stuff then Direct Connection and now it's Mopar Performance. It was a great way to provide us bracket racers with enough tech and parts to have a faster and more consistant car and also a much more dependable racer. Why isn't there a source for the Suzuki's? After 25 years of dominance you'd think somebody would've thought of it. I mean these books didn't show how to port and polish a Pro Stock head but they sold the parts and gave enough info to build an 8.90 car. I'm sure there are a few guys in this forum that could write the book on Suzuki prformance.

Comment

re. books and parts

I think this and the GS zone are it. These sites offer more info by a factor of maybe 10,000 than Suzuki ever put out.

thanks again for the info and references guys.

Comment

Yeah, But on a street bike, wont the superior flow of the 1150 head up top cause you to lose some low end?

I mean thats what youre using most of the time, Right.

My search (in my country) for an 1150 head has gone on too long now so I've got a brand new EX? head (Differently positioned Valve cover holes) still wrapped in the plastic and i'm about to throw some 1mm oversive valves in it and run 1150 cams.

Surely thats gonna kick ass for the street but would be a bit breathless down the strip compared to an 1150 head?

I want useable power again, Like it was when it was stock but also let the pipe and carbs do their work up top.

Someone tell me if im wrong?

Comment

1100 vs 1150

the head and cams are almost the only significant diff between the original 1100 model and 1150, and the performance diff was significant.

in other words, in stockish street form there is a noticable increase with the 1150 head and cams.

Comment

Here's what the ports look like. 1150's are bigger.

1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
              1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
              1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
              1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
              01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Wow, Quite a difference really.
                Last edited by Guest; 02-12-2006, 01:16 PM.

Comment

If 29.5 is the biggest on intake what is the biggest for exhaust on 1150

Comment

Big valves are great.Depending where you want your power.Bigger slows flow down at lower rpms. Smaller well designed ports effeciant will move a lots of cfm.Swapping heads need someone experianced.
                    sigpic 82 gs1100ez 1168 Wiseco,Web .348 Cams,Falicon Sprockets,Star Racing Ported Head,1mm o/s Stainless Valves,APE Springs,Bronze Guides,etc.APE Billet Tensioner,36CV Carbs,Stage 3 Dynojet,Plenum w/K&N filter,Trued,Welded,Balanced,Crank w/Katana rods & Billet left end, FBG backcut trans, VHR HD Clutch basket,APE nut,VHR High volume oil pump gears,1150 Oil cooler,V&H Megaphone header w/Competition baffle,Dyna S,Coils,Wires,etc.Other misc.mods.

Comment

Working...
                    X