No announcement yet.

Whats going on in your garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man you wont even believe what I did. Put the bottom together and stuck it in the bike. Went to put the basket in and discovered I needed to clearance the bottom of the cases for the 750 gear. Did the top, but not the bottom. Have to take it back out and split the cases. When I found it last night I just came in and started watching TV. Figured if I stayed outside I would break something. Not an ounce of patience left after the discovery. 3 weeks yet. Plenty of time.

Comment

Originally posted by rosco15
      Man you wont even believe what I did.
      I think anyone who pulls them apart a lot does something like this at one time or another. I had the stock 1100 apart one time. I put the engine in, mounted the head and went to slide the cam chain guide in and it would not fit. Looked inside and saw I put the mount in the lower case backwards. I was so ****ed off, pulling the engine back out was no problem.

Comment

got the engine back out and split the cases in an hour. It was many more than that putting it together.

Comment

That's why I have a great big tube of RTV on the work bench just for that occasion plus a couple of oil rings. Once the shock wears off it won't be that bad.
          1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
          1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
          1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
          1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
          01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

It's getting close. I got the cams setup and most of the engine back together this weekend. Maybe a couple more weekends and I can try and start it.

The best part is no blood was drawn today.

Comment

Got the swingarm welded up-did a little extra bracing and added buttons for a rear stand.

And added a new steed to the garage, I guees I need to work on my Italian.

She is a one owner 1992 900SS. I have a list of mods and carbon fiber pieces to add. The weather is already getting nice in Dallas- about 82F today.

Ride On, Ed.
              1983 GS750ED
              2005 GSF1200SZ
              1992 900SS

Comment

The Bike Bandit place wrote saying the cover bolts and gaskets were shipped. But of course the snow returned for the weekend. Way too cold to work on it even if they show up today.

Comment

School strike here in Canada has left me with some time to work on the bike.

Finished header

Homemade offset sprocket
                  Last edited by Guest; 03-21-2006, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Rearsets

Turbo oil feed.

Next area of attention....

Comment

Originally posted by Ogri
                      Let's bring this one back around to the first page again...... We cannot let this thread die just yet.....
                      No offense to any of the other great bikes on this thread, but (next to mine :-D) this is the bike I want to see running.

Comment

Turbo bike

Number one thing you are going to need is a lock up system on the clutch , big springs won't get it done .

Comment

Originally posted by RacingJake
                          I used too ride one of those's GT750 back in high school, time warp Scotty Pretty quick as a 750 only thing faster was the H2 750 and I had that one too. Wish I was 18 again.
                          http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1975-...QQcmdZViewItem

It's not a 750, but close, damn it's tempting to pick it up since it's so close to me.

Comment

That triple is tempting . . . too from the house for me
                            But worth 1K all day . . . GOOD LUCK

Comment

Originally posted by 8trackmind
                              No offense to any of the other great bikes on this thread, but (next to mine :-D) this is the bike I want to see running.

Thanks!

I've come to a bit of a stalemate.... Work seems to be getting in the way of my project.
                              I'm still planning to have it done for Vintage Days at Mid Ohio. We'll see......

Comment

Here is my project.

Here is thre link to my current project. The pic is from Cavalcade of Custom in Cincinnati. My buddy asked if I could have the rolling chassis ready to be in his display and here it is. Lots more to come.

Comment

Working...
                                X