Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lookin good mate

Comment

I've got 1 stripped 1100E, two kat 1100 frames and a 7/11 without motor in my garage now. 3 spare motors and lots of kat parts so who knows.....

oh yeh..and my monster landshark is resting in there too.
      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

whats going on??

My garage is pretty busy this winter, I have a 77 gs750 I'm fixing for a friend for his first bike, I'm turning an 82 gs 1100 GL into a GK for a friend and I'm parting out a 84 magna as well as the normal winter maintenance on my cb900c. I've got my hands full :? :? :?

Hey ogri, how did you get your bike up on that handmade bench? I don't want to spend a ton of money on a comercial one.

Comment

been at it since november and things have went real well !!!! now its time to dig into the motor. dyna s ign, pods, jets.

Comment

SPDJUNKIE, what frame are you using with that Busa arm? Is it an 1100? If I remember correctly, when I was checking the fit of a Busa arm into my '81 1100E, it looked like the pivot part of the arm was going to hit the back of the engine cases? Have you checked this yet? I'm curious if you have room there as the Busa arm is way bigger at the OD of the pivot.

Kaptain Ketchup, cool turbo bike man! I am working (slowly) on a turbo GS (Katana) right now too.

Comment

Originally posted by GER144
              SPDJUNKIE, what frame are you using with that Busa arm? Is it an 1100? If I remember correctly, when I was checking the fit of a Busa arm into my '81 1100E, it looked like the pivot part of the arm was going to hit the back of the engine cases? Have you checked this yet? I'm curious if you have room there as the Busa arm is way bigger at the OD of the pivot.

Kaptain Ketchup, cool turbo bike man! I am working (slowly) on a turbo GS (Katana) right now too.
              It comes real close to the cases. The best solution is to move the engine forward about 1/4". It's not too difficult to do, just make or modify the mounts.

Comment

Still in a few pieces. The head should be back by this weekend and the new unbreakable cam tensioner will be here Friday.

So I got the crossover box on, NOS is on, battery moved, fuel cell on. Just need to weld a tab for my steering damper and the hard parts are done.

I'm hoping the 29mm intake valves with blending push me past the 115 mph mark and hoping for an ET in the 5.90's. That would be a great start for the year. I should be darn consistent with the crossover when racing a slower bike, I'm shooting for a 90% win rate.

1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
                1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
                1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
                1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
                01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Re: whats going on??

Originally posted by sae3231
                  Hey ogri, how did you get your bike up on that handmade bench? I don't want to spend a ton of money on a comercial one.
                  I use an aluminum ATV ramp. I have slots cut into the wood at one end that the ramp fits into and I have it tied off with a steel cable.

I start the bike and power it up onto the table.

Working on a table is the way to go! No more kneeling on the hard concrete floor for me........ :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by xDUKEx
                    been at it since november and things have went real well !!!! now its time to dig into the motor. dyna s ign, pods, jets.

Damn those shocks look good!!!! :mrgreen:

Your bike is looking fantastic!!

Comment

Originally posted by RacingJake
                      Am I am seeing a new bracket tied from the sprocket cover to the frame???

Comment

orgi those shocks will be up for sale shortly, if you are interested let me know !!!!!! hahahahahahahahah!!!! thanks man. i really love the look with the extra inch of height. if they were not so beat up id prolly leave them on. but im sure my new koni shocks will preform much better.

Comment

hell ya... thats freakin awesome. boost is fun.

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy

Am I am seeing a new bracket tied from the sprocket cover to the frame???
                            Nope, that's the first one i did almost 2 years ago. Never removed it after I made the stronger rear motor mount. I guess I could ?

I think using weaker springs in the lockup help too.
                            1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
                            1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
                            1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
                            1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
                            01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

If the mounts not causing problems, I would keep it.

You already know that I run the same springs you run, just half as many. I would rather the clutch slip than break parts.

Comment

We'll it looks like I might be getting all my parts back. The tranny should be done next week. Had a cracked gear and needed some touching up on a couple of the dogs. The crank was shipped back to me on thursday. New rod bearings, new #1, and new #6. It was basically rebuilt by GRC this time. Wanted to give him a try. No more synthetic oil for me. I also got my Schnitz box back and re-installed. They put a remote 2-step in it for me. No more pulling the body work to make changes. + or - 700 rpm right on the dash. And finally I got an mtc multi stage lockup off ebay. It was missing a couple of the inner parts, but he said he has them and is going to ship them o monday. Anyway here is the 2-step.

Comment

Working...
                                X