Bandit 1200 head on an 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bandit 1200 head on an 1100

OK anybody out there dropped a 1200 Bandit head on a 4v 1100? If so what's the recipe?

Re: Bandit 1200 head on an 1100

I am pretty sure the bandit head is a 16 valve head which would not allow the oil passageways to line up if grafted onto an 8 valve head. I dont think the headbolts will line up either.

Earl

Originally posted by RJ
    OK anybody out there dropped a 1200 Bandit head on a 4v 1100? If so what's the recipe?
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

bandit / GS head swap

imagining that by 4 valve you mean 16 valve, then the Bandit head swap would be a whole lot like a GSXR head swap. I don;t have pics, still gathering parts and getting ready, however GSXR to GS head swaps have been discussed here and on Dragbike and oldskool.

Bob Bertaut down in your neighborhood has done more than one of these I beleive.

Comment

Yep...Bob Bertaut's done something similar (air/oil cooled GSXR head transplant):

He's a very imaginative & talented guy...have a look around the rest of his website for some other cool stuff he's done...

Ted

Comment

I understand it was popular mod for a while. It definitely can be done and has been done many times. My guess is that the oil was pumped to the top via external oil lines and the old passages were just blocked off.

Hap

Comment

Working...
          X