1100E swap into 750 Kat chassis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1100E swap into 750 Kat chassis

Big question here folks: is it really as easy as I've heard? Are there enging mount kits you can purchase or is it welding time? If I've got to weld, are there any blueprints / sketches out there?

Also, is this going to result in more engine vibration? Any problems associated with the swap?

Thanks, Sandy

'80 GS1100E
    '82 750 Kat

Yes it is easy, but that's all I know about it. I've never done it.

The 1100 will vibrate more than the 750, but it's not bad. My GS750E is one of the smoothest bike engines I have ever felt......

Comment

Its plug and play.One motor mount bolt doesn't get used.Other than that ,no biggie.

Comment

So do I just pull the 750 out, put the 1100 in with the carbs, then hook up the spark plugs to the original 750 leads and fire her up? No other messing about with electrics etc??? (aside from throttle and clutch cable of course)

S

Comment

the only diff is the 1100 sits 1" further forward of the lower center mount instead of inbetween the frame bolts. I suggest you make a new set of mounts its pretty easy.
          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

I may be bringing you out a bunch of beer.....

Comment

Another thing Sandy...the gearing is diff on your 750. your rear sprog is 41 and an 1100 is 42 so pick up another rear sprog dude.
              KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Am going to check into the 530 conversion.... might be time for new chain and sprocks anyway.....

Comment

Originally posted by sandman
                  Am going to check into the 530 conversion.... might be time for new chain and sprocks anyway.....
                  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

17-47 530 is close to stock 15-42 630 gearing, i just ordered this for my girls Katana 1100. You are going to love the 11 motor! :-D

Comment

Originally posted by robinjo
                    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

17-47 530 is close to stock 15-42 630 gearing, i just ordered this for my girls Katana 1100. You are going to love the 11 motor! :-D

Thanks for the link mate

Comment

I run 17/47 and am doing 39k @ 100kph. I think I am going to go up to a 48 though. I ran the numbers on a sprocket site with all the tranny numbers and it says 17/49 is the closest but I found it to be a little hi in the rpm on the hwy.
                      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

8-[ I'm guessing the GS engine would go nicely in a 600 bandit as well \\/

Comment

Originally posted by U.P.dragracer
                          8-[ I'm guessing the GS engine would go nicely in a 600 bandit as well \\/
                          That might be a little tough. Even the last generation GS700/750 engines were more compact than previous years. The GSXR based engines were even more compact. Best bet for you would be a GSX-R750 airhead. They shared the same castings as the 600.

Comment

:-D I'm currently putting together a 907cc engine based from the 600 engine , I'm using the 600cc bottom end and tranny with 750 gsxr cylinder block with the 907 big bore kit from JE pistons . I have a ported 750 cylinderhead to top it all of with .8-[
                            It should be a nice street sleeper [-o<

Comment

Originally posted by U.P.dragracer
                              :-D I'm currently putting together a 907cc engine based from the 600 engine , I'm using the 600cc bottom end and tranny with 750 gsxr cylinder block with the 907 big bore kit from JE pistons . I have a ported 750 cylinderhead to top it all of with .8-[
                              It should be a nice street sleeper [-o<
                              Sounds sweet. Mine's a bit of a sleeper too. People are amazed by the way my bike accelerates with just the bolt ons I've done. The head has been ported but other than that the internals are stock. It already has RS flatslides and a Yosh Duplex. I have a set of Cosworths with TotalSeal Gapless rings and V&H cams along with a 750 crank and rods to install at some point. I'm going to have the crank lightened and balanced when I have the time to do the engine.

Comment

Working...
                              X