What Can I do to A GS650GL 1982

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Can I do to A GS650GL 1982

I'm pretty much up for anything that will up my performace, I have all the Tools and the Money (its ok if its a Cheap improvement though LOL), Just need to know what I can do to my bike to Make the performance better, and was hoping someone would be able to give me some ideas thanks

The VERY first thing to do is to be absolutely certain it is tuned to perfection.
    Everything needs to be set up "just so" otherwise you will not be able to gauge any mods properly.
    BTW I also include the entire electrical system, as any issue here will effect performance.
    I would then look first to ignition, as a juicier spark will make an improvement,a "drop-in" K&N air filter and re-jetting, would be next.
    At this point you need to decide just how far you want to go, cause it gets major from here.
    Big bores, 4into 1, porting etc.Beware these get expensive fast.
    So most importantly ask yourself. Are you better of saving for a larger bike? or do you want to pour money into a bike you are going to be pioneering on, cause most people dont try to mod a 650, so there isn't much available.
    Dink

Comment

The 1100 engine is amazing.....

Comment

I'M going to pioneer!!! LOL thanks for the help

Comment

I spend very little on my 650 but have it tuned to perfection and I must say for a 650 IT HAULS !$#!!! Like Dink say's, tune it and enjoy it.There is hardly any used aftermarket parts like 4into1"s.I have looked for 2 years.You can buy new from mac if you want to spend 300 bill's.If you want a better ride put progressive springs in the front and some nice shocks in the back like redwings.They will custom fit some for 155 plus shipping.Other than that tune it up and ride the heck out of it.I keep mine completely stock cause it's easier that way.If i were you I would keep it and check into getting something bigger that you can modify like an 850 or a liter bike.

Comment

Working...
          X