1982 1100 gk ignition mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 1100 gk ignition mods

So, I am having a heck of a time removing the old electronic ignition system from my 1982 1100 gk. The bolt on the crank won't budge, and the allen won't move either. I don't think it has ever been removed or modified. Any suggestions? I really want to finish the upgrade to the dyna 2000 system. Am I missing a technique?

Thanks in advance for the reply,

B.

There should be a 19mm bolt head & a 10mm bolt head?
    If so hold the larger bolt head with one spanner, and then work on the 10mm on with a socket, best way is to angle the two so you can squeeze them like a larger pair of pliers. Removing the 10 mm one is the key.
    Dink

Comment

Same issue

Originally posted by filmxfer View Post
      So, I am having a heck of a time removing the old electronic ignition system from my 1982 1100 gk. The bolt on the crank won't budge, and the allen won't move either. I don't think it has ever been removed or modified. Any suggestions? I really want to finish the upgrade to the dyna 2000 system. Am I missing a technique?

Thanks in advance for the reply,

B.
      How did you end up doing this? I’m having the same issue, and the Allen bolt is getting stripped. I’m considering cutting off the larger one with the “fixed point” if it is possible so that I can get to the smaller bolt and remove it. Replace it with a new one when I put on ds3-2. Either that, or search for an “igniter” on eBay and hope it works. Any help is appreciated...

Comment

Originally posted by Dougdanger View Post
        How did you end up doing this? I’m having the same issue, and the Allen bolt is getting stripped. I’m considering cutting off the larger one with the “fixed point” if it is possible so that I can get to the smaller bolt and remove it. Replace it with a new one when I put on ds3-2. Either that, or search for an “igniter” on eBay and hope it works. Any help is appreciated...
        If it is an allen head in the center of the 19mm hex, It would be possible to drill the head off. There'll be enough shank left protruding to get a pair of vicegrips onto once the trigger assembly is pulled off the crank end. A left hand drill might move it anyway.

Comment

Working...
        X