1100 performance exhaust system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1100 performance exhaust system

A simple question im sure but so far ive not been able to find any on the internet so maybe persons here can help me. Where can i obtain a full aftermarket exhaust system for a GS1100, the one on the bike i just got is a rotted out Kerker 4 into1 unit.
    I'm going to restore this bike to showroom condition and use it as much as i can so its got to look and perform good too.

http://www.bikebandit.com/partsbandi...ion_Path~3.asp

there is a baffel sold for these things that works well
    Last edited by Guest; 06-17-2006, 08:08 PM.

Comment

I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but that CB has a V&H sidewinder exhaust. Simple system, sold without baffles as it is a drag pipe. I've had it on for over a year now and I love it. Great sound to it, and the baffle didn't give any problems going in. I think Cycle-re-cycle has them new for the GS1100.

On the 900 the pipe will drag some in corners, but my problem was largly fixed by putting a 1" larger tire on the bike.

Comment

i have the sidewinder with performance baffel on my gsxxrr750ed. its no toy. its staying on.
        Last edited by Guest; 06-18-2006, 01:27 PM.

Comment

corners. i didnt do the bike for corners. here is the machine when i was going on a run to the carolinas a few years back. i DIDNT BUILD THIS RAT FOR CORNERS((CAPS LOL)). i DONT KNOW WHO MAY SELL MY VERSION OF THE PRO STOCK PIPE. tHIS IS STRICTLY A PERFORMANCE PIPE. iT LOOks like spagetti. No chrome. Coated with something inside and out. I have the performance re-packable baffel which has a deep sound.. very enjoyable to hear, tHE ONE ON THE HONDA IS MUCJ NICER TO LOOK AT AND IS ALSO A PERFORMANCE PIPE. you will not be sorry with that baby((again sorry for caps)
          Last edited by Guest; 06-18-2006, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the complement, that system of your looks good too. Looks like it came from the same vain as the sidewinder, but looks pretty far from it in the header area. Dose the 1st and 2nd pipe do anything interesting like 3rd and 4th?

Looks like I got my awnser from photo bucket. The stuff on the pipes looks wiered, can't tell it's there on the pic you have posted here.

If you want the extra ground clearance you could always look for a tire that is a bit larger, and in your case you could always resprocket the bike so that it pulls closer to stock.

Comment

Originally posted by quakeholio
              Thanks for the complement, that system of your looks good too. Looks like it came from the same vain as the sidewinder, but looks pretty far from it in the header area. Dose the 1st and 2nd pipe do anything interesting like 3rd and 4th?

Looks like I got my awnser from photo bucket. The stuff on the pipes looks wiered, can't tell it's there on the pic you have posted here.

If you want the extra ground clearance you could always look for a tire that is a bit larger, and in your case you could always resprocket the bike so that it pulls closer to stock.

HEY--i dont want ground clearance. i have a tire from a smaller bike on the front. shorter rear shocks, a lowprofile tire on the rear and a corbin
              seat.
              the sidewinder head pipes are the
              ones
              used on most of the pro stockers. the bends are to make them equal in length and allow a completely un restricted access to the oil filter. the heder is 4 slip together pipes into
              one collector. the megappne has the competition baffel in it. i will be modifying the megaphone after i get the bike back from murdoch racing.

Comment

V&H makes a 4 into 1 street megaphone system for the GS1100. Bike Bandit has a good price, but Ron Ayers has an even better price, which was supring to me. They even have the correct one for my GS. 281.00 + tax & shipping.

I myself have a Mac header, and Holeshot can from a Bandit 1200. OMG, the sound of a Holeshot pipe is like no other.....:-D \\/
                Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that!

Comment

I used an ss2r system from V&H. It originally fits a GSXR1100 (95 I think). In order to use it, you need different flanges and inserts. I have CAD data files for both of those.

If you want, I can take some pics of it and for you to see how it fits. It allows plenty of cornering clearance as it's swept up in the back. You will need to loose the center stand, and I'm not entirely sure that the stock footpeg location will work.

Here's a pic of it on page 8.

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...t=67210&page=8

It's not a cheap alternative. The exhaust is going to run about $500 and the machined parts you need are a variable. IF only one set is needed they are 100-200. If more sets are purchased, then they fall off considerably. I doubt if many GS1100 owners would want this system because of the price. I will say, however, it sounds great and looks even better.

In other words, there are options, but not necessarilly ones you would want.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys,i did however find the Mac headers and thats about what i got to with my brief search, but the V&H system on the link sent looks good too. Funny thing is that i couldnt get any info from V&H when i tried the home page.
                    I'm not a fan of the low megaphone style pipe and prefer when its just a little higher up the side like the new can style units, so thats how things will shape up hopefully.
                    Well i towed the bike home as i didnt have a low trailer(only about 6 miles anyway) and got it in the shop to strip, but BEFORE i do this i will attempt to get the engine running.
                    So far its had the usual dose of oil down the cylinders to unset a dry seize from just lying dormant, and luckily that went very easily.
                    Next thing is to remove the top V/T cover and check all valves to see whos not quite seating due to any sticking etc.
                    Once thats clear we will then do a comp test to see how even the cylinder pressures are, finally its an oil check, drain the carbs etc,(fingers crossed there) and get prepped for the intial firing.
                    This bikes only got 9,000 plus a few original miles on it, and as i knew the one and only previous owner well, its had no abuse or bad maintenance(support racing doesnt count right???)
                    Basically its just neglect from sitting unused for years in a garage near the beach, surface rust and corrosion does wonders to aluminum alloy and steel.
                    I'll took this pic of this bike in its present state,as you can see its a GSX1100 16 valve Jpn market model in met black with the blue pinstriping.

Comment

I was watching this one on ebay a week ago....sweet NOS Kerker.

Tony.
                      '82 GS1100E

Originally posted by themess
                      Only in your own mind did you refute what I wrote.

Comment

Yeah the one on the bike i just got as per the posted pic looked like that once, a loooong time ago, pity i didnt have the bike then as i would have bid on it, such is life.

Comment

I used an ss2r system from V&H. It originally fits a GSXR1100 (95 I think).
                          Looks like the passenger pegs had to be removed to go this route, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by AOD
                            Looks like the passenger pegs had to be removed to go this route, huh?
                            Short answer - yes.
                            Last edited by Guest; 06-18-2006, 11:05 PM.

Comment

It's also not too difficult to just build your own exhaust system. Heres mine:

Comment

Working...
                              X