GS1100e engine builder in Arizona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100e engine builder in Arizona

Hi folks. Soon-to-be-owner of an 83 GS1100E and am looking for a good engine builder/ mechanic in the Tucson or Phoenix area, preferably Tucson. I had one of these many years ago and had to sell becuase I was young and poor. It was the only bike I've ever owned I regretted selling. Since I'm now much older and slightly less poor I'm determined to try and relive at least some of my misspent youth. Anyway, the 83 on the way is bone stock with the exception of a vh pipe and I'll be needing a bit more than the usual 90hp. I'm thinking a big block and associated head work but I just don't have the expertise to get into it myself. I'm looking for someone who has has built these before, appreciates them for what they are, and also understands that money does not in fact grow on trees. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks all.

I understand your position being in Az. and all that, but if I were in your shoes wanting what you are after, I would try contacting Rapid Ray in So. Cal. He's a member here. I believe he specializes in making big time improvements in the engine.
    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
    '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
      I understand your position being in Az. and all that, but if I were in your shoes wanting what you are after, I would try contacting Rapid Ray in So. Cal. He's a member here. I believe he specializes in making big time improvements in the engine.
      I was going to recommend contacting rapidray also. Even if he is too far away for you, anybody he recommends would know their shyte. Maybe he knows someone in your area.
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Thanls for the info guys, I'll try and run him down. Ive got family in la so it might work out.

Comment

Romi, call me at 714,35six.7atefor5

Comment

Hi, congratulations on your soon be ownership of a awesome bike. I have one myself. Please keep us posted on the progress.
            1983 gs1100ed restro-mod. 1998 gsxr 1100 almost mint, 2019 kawasaki klx250, 2011 Beta 250 evo trials bike, 2017 Montesa 300rr trials bike, 2021 honda crf250rx woods weapon

Comment

Hi guys. Finally got the beast home and running after some severe annoyance, two different local shops and three tows. The photo is what I have now; something similar to the bike at the link below is what I'm hoping to wind up with: https://www.bikebound.com/2020/10/13/suzuki-gs1100e/. I'm now gonna start poking around for a gen 1 bandit swingarm and late model gsxr front end bits to go with a cognito moto conversion stem. I can bolt stuff on as well as anyone, but when it comes to measuring/fabricating I'm all thumbs and lack the tools and quite frankly the knowledge to do much other than order parts. Two wheels and high speed is probably not the ideal format in which to learn but at least I have good medical insurance. I'll be asking forum members some really basic questions as I go along so please have patience. Ray, thanks for offering to speak with me, I'll be calling you soon to talk motor.

I'm an archaeologist, not a lawyer or trust fund baby so funding this will take some time and I'll have to do as much of the work myself as I possibly can. Wouldnt have it any other way though.

Thanks guys.
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
              X