1980 GS 750 info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 GS 750 info needed

I have two bikes I'm building I'm on the first which is a 80 GS 750 and I've had to replace the ignition advance the guy I got it from crashed it and sold it to me said it was to fast scared him to death lol so naturally I was all over it and I've been a Suzuki guy since I started riding at 15 but anyway I replaced the ignition advance did some chopping and hiding of the wiring and I got it to fire up when I sprayed gas in the carbs but that's another issue my real question is what's practical as for as performance mods on this motor I'm pretty mechanically inclined and know my way around a motor but am no technician by any means so if anyone sees this and would like to help a guy out just drop me some knowledge lol thanks

How long is a piece of string.
    Lots of scope for tuning, Head gasflowing, bigger valves, dialled in cams, Performance cams, higher compression pistons, overbore or fit GS850 barrels. decent 4 -1 exhaust, Unrestricted intake,Bigger carbs etc etc etc.
    Without throwing money at it the gasflow , unrestricted intake ,4-1 exhaust , Dyna's' ignition, coils and dial in the stock cams will get it down the road much quicker .
    Add gs1000 28mm carbs or have the stock 26's bored out to 28 or 30mm for maximum effect.
    Mikuni Viton Choke Plunger Seat Renewal.
    VITON Choke plunger seals .KAWASAKI Z1,Z900,Z650,Z1000,Z1R,SUZUKI GS1000,GSXR,RF | eBay

Air Corrector Jets for Mikuni VM 24, 26 and 28mm carbs .
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254380193...84.m1555.l2649

sigpic

Comment

Awesome thank you for the info I have a nice 4 into 1 from my 77 gs 750 that I've put on I've been looking into adding an oil cooler just for longer life and a top end oiler I've heard that these 1980 gs 750s are bad about going through exhaust cams due to lack of oil

Comment

Working...
      X