Higher Volume GS750 oil pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Higher Volume GS750 oil pump

I have read that an oil pump from a gs750 could be installed in a gs1100. It was said that the one from the 750 created more pressure (pumped more oil). My question is what year 750 can this part be found on?

Adam

Not sure about the whole pump, but the gears can be used. I am using a set from I think a 78. You can buy the gears from Schnitz.

Why would you want to make this change?

Comment

Well I want to make quite a few performance upgrades and I want to have better top end oiling (will install top end oiler). Thanks it was the gears that I was referring to.

Adam

Comment

The gears from either the 8-valve or the 16-valve 750 motor will work.

Hap

Comment

The oil pumps are all the same, the 750 gears drive the pump faster,hence the higher volume.

Dink

Comment

Originally posted by akreider View Post
            Well I want to make quite a few performance upgrades and I want to have better top end oiling (will install top end oiler). Thanks it was the gears that I was referring to.

Adam
            It may not be needed (top end oiler and gears). What are you planning to do that you think you need it?

I didn't remember that the pumps were the same, but it would explain why I have a spare one. I must have saved it from when I junked the 750.

Comment

Here is a thread where I am contemplating what is the best route to go in modifying my engine

Place your GS performance, tuning or mods related questions in this forum.

Adam

Comment

Ah, you want to play with the head. Just my 2 cents, we have built bikes that would run in the 7's using a stock 1100 head casting. To have the rockers, cams, valves and porting work was $3000 or so. Of course the head alone is not the whole story. I think the last engine we kato'ed had about 40 hours of machine time in the pistons. A lot of time and $$$ goes into a bike like this. Then they only run for a very short time.

If it were me, and I was trying to actually drive the bike on the street, I would leave it as close to stock as possible. I say this because the GSXRs should be getting cheap now and will get you about 40 HP with no mods. By the time you dump a bunch of your time and $$$ into a 30 year old bike, you may have been able to get a 10 - 15 year old bike that would be more reliable, better handling and more power for the same price or less.

Just depends what your looking for I guess. Good luck with it.

Comment

I am completly enthralled with the idea of turning my bike into a mean streetfighter but keeping the same body lines. I want to make it into a bike where I can pull up next to those a**hole riders who look down on other riders who dont ride the newest and greatest bike, then put them in there place by smoking them off the line.

Its a big dream but I know there are a few others in this forum who would love to do or love doing the same.

Adam

Comment

Working...
                  X