Jardine Beats Vance & Hines Exhaust System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jardine Beats Vance & Hines Exhaust System

Just to stir up some controversy I thought I'd post my findings on my bike. I have a 1982 GS1100E with Mikuni RS36 Flat Slides and K & N Pods on it. The other mods are extraneous and don't concern what I was checking. My Katana is down and the Vance & Hines that was on my GS1100E when I got it was beat up so I threw the Jardine exhaust on to see how it looked and performed.

The bike flowed much better and developed much more power all across the power band than it did with the Vance & Hines. Still I liked the way the Vance & Hines looked on the bike so I ordered a new one for it. The old one was pretty beat up and I thought perhaps it wasn't a fair comparison. I got the new Vance & Hines exhaust and installed it and it ran just the same as the old one.

Today I put the Jardine back on the bike and I'm telling you this exhaust kicks ass. The exhaust note is nice, louder at different revs, and the consistent power distributed across the power band made the Vance & Hines look plugged up and pokey. The Jardine system also has much better ground clearance. I guess it's just newer technology and flows better. If anyone is looking for a new exhaust I would highly recommend the Jardine system. ~Gene

Last edited by Guest; 12-04-2006, 08:13 PM.

I like my Jardine. 4 to 1 megaphone all chrome. But then again it was all I could find for bike.

PS I LOVE those wheels

Comment

Where did you get the Jardine exhaust? How much?
      Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
      87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
      99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
      15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

Jardine Model Numbers and Price

John,

Here is the info and the place I got them from. The first system is in chrome with a round canister and the second is in black with an oval canister. I'll see what I can do about making an A/V clip so you can hear what it sounds like. ~Gene

Jardine Exhaust for 1982 to 1983 GS1100E and 1982 to 1983 Suzuki Katana 1000 or 1100

16-4406-01 $449.95
        14-4403-03 $349.95

If you find 'em for less, call me. We can usually BEAT any price!
        STARCYCLE USA (800) 990-2453 or (661) 248-1400 - Lyn

Comment

Originally posted by Guyver View Post
          Just to stir up some controversy

When have you ever stired up controversy ??

Anyway, Thats one sweeet ass looking Bike !!!
          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
            When have you ever stired up controversy ??

Anyway, Thats one sweeet ass looking Bike !!!
            I agree, too bad it's not the "better" 83 version with the black engine! :-D
            Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
            87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
            99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
            15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

I have a Jardine on my 850 (black, 4-1) and have found it to be a little loud for my taste....but that's how its going to be. Can't compare it to V & H. They also said that re-jetting would not be required.....which was true......but I DID have to raise the needles half a notch.

When I first got it, I thought the exhaust canister looked like an harmonica. But the looks grow on you after a while as well.

Comment

Controversy

Sweet, sweet controversy Dave. Like the debacle I got into with Bill and the fact that John is in such a sad state of denial about '83 GS1100Es being better than '82s. The poor, poor deluded soul.

Comment

I am considering the black Jardine on my new project GS1000. What can you tell me about the black pipe? Is it high gloss black? Does it look like it will hold up well?
                  85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                  79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Hi Reno, The finish on mine is flat black, but has turned slightly grey at the head. Installed for the last 4K. If I did this again, I would have it hot jet coated. It is a little loud, but it should be easy to adapt a better silincer if desired. Good product. Ray
                    "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
                    GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
                    1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
                    1979 GS1000SN The new hope
                    1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

Is there any reason why it would not fit on a '80 or '81 GS1100E...undeniably better than either the '82 or the '83!

Hap

Comment

Thanks, Ray
                        I want a shiney black and I want it to last, so I guess I'll get it coated. I don't mind loud.... the future beast can be as loud as it wants! :-D
                        I'm glad to hear that the Jardine has good performance. I'll need it since I'm doing a 1085 overbore and VM29's. I wanted to do something different on this new project, and the Jardine fits the bill. I should look nice with the silver powder coated frame and BLACK engine. And yes, I think black is faster. \\/
                        85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                        79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Frankly, I found the paint job to be at best fair on my pipe. So I ceramic coated mine before I ever used it.

Comment

Jardine, My Sweet Jardine

Okay first off Hap's crazy and off his meds so he can get away with that talk about '80 or '81s being better Hap I'm sure this would fit your bike as well. The placement of the support on the canister and the placement of the pipe on the header pipe are adjustable giving you room to work with. I bought a Yoshimura exhaust for my '82 Katana that was meant for an '80 to '81 GS1100E and it fit. That exhaust is built like a damn tank and has a 3 inch pipe too boot.

Reno, the Jardine black finish is a matte finish, not flat and not gloss, kind of satin. It is better than hotpaint and not as good as Jet Hot. It falls somewhere in between; however, it has been holding up well against coming off and on two bikes and being quickly stuffed under my work bench when the fiance' came out into the garage. I will get mine Jet Hot coated at some point. Right now I'm just enjoying the performance and the way it sounds. Careful on the throttle when you go by a cop, it will get their attention.

I plan on getting another Jardine for the Katana. I'll stick with the black again. I would like to see the round canister and hear if it sounds any different. Trust me, you will be surprised at how well this exhaust flows. It's pretty quiet if you keep the revs down but if you punch it the bike screams like a pixie hopped up on cocoa puffs being chased by a mad mob of giant sabre tooth killer wasps on steroids.
                            Last edited by Guest; 12-05-2006, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Guyver View Post
                              Okay first off Hap's crazy and off his meds so he can get away with that talk about '80 or '81s being better Hap I'm sure this would fit your bike as well. The placement of the support on the canister and the placement of the pipe on the header pipe are adjustable giving you room to work with. I bought a Yoshimura exhaust for my '82 Katana that was meant for an '80 to '81 GS1100E and it fit. That exhaust is built like a damn tank and has a 3 inch pipe too boot.

Reno, the Jardine black finish is a matte finish, not flat and not gloss, kind of satin. It is better than hotpaint and not as good as Jet Hot. It falls somewhere in between; however, it has been holding up well against coming off and on two bikes and being quickly stuffed under my work bench when the fiance' came out into the garage. I will get mine Jet Hot coated at some point. Right now I'm just enjoying the performance and the way it sounds. Careful on the throttle when you go by a cop, it will get their attention.

I plan on getting another Jardine for the Katana. I'll stick with the black again. I would like to see the round canister and hear if it sounds any different. Trust me, you will be surprised at how well this exhaust flows. It's pretty quiet if you keep the revs down but if you punch it the bike screams like a pixie hopped up on cocoa puffs being chased by a mad mob of giant sabre tooth killer wasps on steroids.
                              Now there's a mental image! :shock: :-D

Comment

Working...
                              X