Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Front Brkae Master Upgrade w/ Brake Light??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Brkae Master Upgrade w/ Brake Light??

I have an extra Nissin front brake master that I wanted to install on my 82 GS1100E wen I get SS lines BUT noticed that the oem brake light switch looks bike specific as it is wired right to the gauges. It does not use the stanard 2 prong switch common in most bikes today.

Any advise? or options?

A hydraulic brake light switch would take care of things for you. I believe it's K&L that makes them. You can find them on Ebay.

Comment

The Hyd switch works great, Anyone should consider it as a replacement when the stock one goes bad

Comment

Originally posted by fastkatanaboy View Post
        I have an extra Nissin front brake master that I wanted to install on my 82 GS1100E wen I get SS lines BUT noticed that the oem brake light switch looks bike specific as it is wired right to the gauges. It does not use the stanard 2 prong switch common in most bikes today.

Any advise? or options?
        Cut the end off the GS harness, put on some new terminal connectors and plug it in to your new switch.
        The connections only complete the ground, so it really does not matter how their connected on the Nissin switch.

No real detail in this pic, but it's at least proof that I'm running a 1994 Nissin master cylinder on a 80 GS.

Comment

Working...
        X