removing GSXR swingarm bearings for powdercoating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removing GSXR swingarm bearings for powdercoating

Anyone know how to do this? Can I do it myself, or do I need special Suzuki tool #xxblahblahblah...?? Did a search with no success.

Need to remove the main pivot bearings and some little ones where the dogbones attach. Thx!

Oh come on, none of you gurus know how to remove the bearings??? help me, help me, I beg of you...[-o<

Comment

I have not done gsxr bearings, but when i did my gs ones i knocked them out with a suitable drift, ( i was replacing them and was not concerned about damaging them) Hope this helps.

Comment

I believe the Suzuki manual has you use a puller to remove the bearings ,Take it to your local dealer and have them removed or you will probably damage them if you use a punch .If you do have to replace them by them after market because Suzuki charges an arm and a leg for bearings 8-[

78/gs1000
        84/gs550es
        73/rd350
        74/rd350
        74/gt750
        74/rl250
        75/tm400

Comment

If you can get to the backside, I have had good luck using a socket or piece of black pipe of suitable size. Make sure it bears on the outer race of the bearing. If you can get to the back side, well, your on your own. I usually beat the crap out of em, till the fall apart, then cut the outer races.

Comment

When I did mine on the 82EZ I found that there was a long spacer inside the swingarm between the bearings. I was able to this spacer to drive out each bearing. actually they didnt take alot. A couple hits and "pop" they were out. I got the new needle bearings from Bikebandit.
            82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

thanks for the replies - I have ordered new bearings from bikebandit, so now I can wail on them without having to try and save them...:-D

I'll see if I can get a punch or something to place on the inner spacer and drive out the opposite bearing. Might try heating the swingarm too. I can also cut the races with a dremel if all else fails. thx!

Comment

Working...
              X