New Low Price On Jardine Exhaust Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guyver View Post
    I love the pics of your bikes and that you have them as clickable thumbnails. That's a sharp 1150 and I bet it's a blast to ride. I've never been on one but I'd like to check it out wink, wink nudge, nudge. Heck my 1100 is fast enough to scare most folks into submission but I'd like to sample a little more. My bike has plenty of power and the acceleration always brings a smile to my face. It's SF (Scary Fast) but I'd like to try out HSF (Holy Sh-- Fast).
    Come on up in July! You can take my 1150 out for a ride, no problem. Of course I get to ride yours (either bike would be fine) \\/
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Here's an update. I got an e-mail from Motorcycle Pro Shop. That's where I bought my Jardine's two days before Gene started this hoop-la. They issued me a store credit for the difference in price! \\/ Nice guys over there. They have lots of goodies, and excellent prices. Although it always pays to shop around. You guys should check them out. www.motorcycleproshop.com

In the mean time, I did order that second set of Jardines from Star Cycle. They might be worth $500 bucks someday!

Comment

I'm tempted... don't really need one though although my cans & header are a bit ropey....

Do you keep the centrestand? Will they fit the 1000G. Any issues with rejetting if I kept the standard airbox?

How much louder are they?

Sorry to ask so many questions!!

Dan
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I was able to keep the centerstand on my bike and I can change the oil and filter too. The pipes are much louder than stock, not Harley loud but loud enough to get noticed if you rev it up. The pipes have a good exhaust note and flow really well. It's recommended that you change the intake when you change the exhaust because it balances it out. Better exhaust needs better intake. Although a lot of people swear by the stock air box and others just remove the lid to the airbox for more airflow. It's also recommended that you have the bike jetted to match the more efficient exhaust. All three is the magic combo that gives you better performance and worse fuel economy. ~Gene

Comment

I,ve found exaust systems at Dennis Kirk for our bikes at around $300

Comment

Originally posted by TwistedRoads View Post
              I,ve found exaust systems at Dennis Kirk for our bikes at around $300
              True enough. But the pipes that this thread is talkin' about are running $433 bucks at Dennis Kirk.

Comment

got mine today! \\/ UPS actually got it to me with no damage :shock:

Now off to the ceramic coater.
                85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
                  got mine today! \\/ UPS actually got it to me with no damage :shock:

Now off to the ceramic coater.
                  Cool! UPS finally got chains on those little brown trucks?

Did you find a local ceramic shop? Or are you sending them to my guy?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom MLC View Post
                    Cool! UPS finally got chains on those little brown trucks?

Did you find a local ceramic shop? Or are you sending them to my guy?
                    Summit Racing gave me the name of a local guy that's supposed to do the ceramic coating. I'll go by his place next week and check him out. If he can't do it, I'll be sending them down your way. Post us a pic when you get your pipes back!
                    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

Working...
                    X