turbo install questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo install questions

Did a search, didnt get any results that answered my questions. I have access to a t3 turbo for 50.00, so that got the gears in my head turning. Im a welder so making the plumbing is no problem, with that aside how hard is it to turbo these bikes? This bike is my daily driver so i need reliability and want the engine to last. This something that can be accomplished with around 100-200 dollars, and keep the reliability? I dont want to dump a ton into this project.

Sure, if you can find all the parts you need for $200, you could do it for $200. I would leave it stock myself. Why muck up a good thing?

Comment

Originally posted by spyderrocs View Post
      Did a search, didnt get any results that answered my questions. I have access to a t3 turbo for 50.00, so that got the gears in my head turning. Im a welder so making the plumbing is no problem, with that aside how hard is it to turbo these bikes? This bike is my daily driver so i need reliability and want the engine to last. This something that can be accomplished with around 100-200 dollars, and keep the reliability? I dont want to dump a ton into this project.
      T3 is waaaaay to big and will spool up next week. Oil pressure will be insufficient as well.

Comment

Would need some sort of waste gate or pop off valve that was adjustable. Being this is your street bike, Driveability would be an issue with a turbo that large. This sounds like a major can of worms to me. I've built my own system, after many years of running "kit" turbos, and the results were less than I had hoped for. I wasted lots of time, money, and a perfectly good ZR1 motor in the process.

Comment

i decided its too risky to attept. My bike has under 3000 origional miles on it so i dont want to do any unnecessary wear and tear on it.

Comment

Working...
          X