No announcement yet.

Considering Big Bore on the 1100E to an 1166

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For years we have sold a kit that included the 1168 kit, 348 lift cams and valve springs. It had been very popular. Great bang for the buck.

Jay
    Speed Merchant
    http://www.gszone.biz

Comment

Hap, I don't care about PAST posts! I just did one last week for katanagreg & he was at my place when I put it together! Ask him! I've even got another one sitting on my table getting ready to go together with a GSXR head for a drag racer & the block slips right on to that set of cases too! If you don't have FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE with this you can't even argue what you don't know! Stop running your KEYBOARD & try running some ENGINES!!! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
        Hap, I don't care about PAST posts! I just did one last week for katanagreg & he was at my place when I put it together! Ask him! I've even got another one sitting on my table getting ready to go together with a GSXR head for a drag racer & the block slips right on to that set of cases too! If you don't have FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE with this you can't even argue what you don't know! Stop running your KEYBOARD & try running some ENGINES!!! Ray.
        Ray, I'm sure you are a engine building legend, taught Byron Hines and Greg Cope everything they know and even advise God when he is doing his engine rebuilds but all I was trying to do was point out that they do not always "bolt up". I have not put 1150 jugs on a 1100 case because the cases and the 1150 jugs I have will not just bolt together according to the micrometers I have and I don't have the inclination to put the money out to have the cases machined. I showed an example where someone ( who is very well respected on this board) was not able to bolt them together, did some modification and documented it so others could learn. He is not the only person to have done this. I'm glad you didn't have to machine your cases - you were lucky.

Now go attack someone else.

Hap

Comment

Originally posted by Hap Call View Post
          Ray, I'm sure you are a engine building legend, taught Byron Hines and Greg Cope everything they know and even advise God when he is doing his engine rebuilds but all I was trying to do was point out that they do not always "bolt up". I have not put 1150 jugs on a 1100 case because the cases and the 1150 jugs I have will not just bolt together according to the micrometers I have and I don't have the inclination to put the money out to have the cases machined. I showed an example where someone ( who is very well respected on this board) was not able to bolt them together, did some modification and documented it so others could learn. He is not the only person to have done this. I'm glad you didn't have to machine your cases - you were lucky.

Now go attack someone else.

Hap
          Actually, I used to be in R&D at Vance & Hines & I learned FROM Byron Hines! Ray.

Comment

Actually, I used to be in R&D at Vance & Hines & I learned FROM Byron Hines! Ray.

I don't care if you claim you learned from the Pope, your credibility with me is shot. Like I said, go attack someone else.

Comment

Rapidray,

Why do you choose the 1150 block over the 1100 block in your builds?
              1982 GS1000S Katana
              1982 GS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by Hap Call View Post
                I don't care if you claim you learned from the Pope, your credibility with me is shot. Like I said, go attack someone else.
                Ihad to have the cases machined to get large enough barrels into it for the 1266 kit.
                Last edited by Guest; 05-12-2007, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pano View Post
                  Rapidray,

Why do you choose the 1150 block over the 1100 block in your builds?
                  With the 1100 cylinder you can only go 1166. With the 1150 cylinder you can go 1229 with the same 3 MM overbore. Even if you DID have to bore the upper case half, which I NEVER have had to do yet with a 1229, it's only $50.00 to bore the case half & you could just have it bored to fit a 1428 for the future. It costs the same to bore the upper case half whether it's for an 1150 cylinder or a 1500! Going 1229 over 1166 is good for about another 10-15 horsepower if the engine is done by someone who knows what they are doing. Part of the HP gain is due to being able to unshroud the valves with the bigger bore & the airflow gain with it. Ray.

Comment

... it's only $50.00 to bore the case half ...

Must be cheap shipping where you live. I think I spent closer to $80 last time when it was all said and done. But your right, it's nothing compared to the other costs.

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy View Post
                      ... it's only $50.00 to bore the case half ...

Must be cheap shipping where you live. I think I spent closer to $80 last time when it was all said and done. But your right, it's nothing compared to the other costs.
                      Ok, 50 bucks plus shipping but I am in SOCAL where APE & several other shops that do it are! Ray.

Comment

:-D 2 questions LOL!!! can the oilcooled GSXR cams work with the GS cylinderhead ? and why is the 1100 head only good up to 1166cc's ?

I was thinking of running the GSXR cylinderhead on my next engine for the dragbike . but on my streetbike I want a big bore but keep the stock looking cylinderhead on it 8-[

Comment

Ok, 50 bucks plus shipping but I am in SOCAL where APE & several other shops that do it are! Ray.
                          Right, so why don't you bring some cases to bore, and come up and check out the new place.

Jay
                          Speed Merchant
                          http://www.gszone.biz

Comment

Originally posted by U.P.dragracer View Post
                            :-D 2 questions LOL!!! can the oilcooled GSXR cams work with the GS cylinderhead ? and why is the 1100 head only good up to 1166cc's ?

I was thinking of running the GSXR cylinderhead on my next engine for the dragbike . but on my streetbike I want a big bore but keep the stock looking cylinderhead on it 8-[
                            Yes, the oil cooled GSXR cams can be used. Who told you the 1100 head is only good up to 1166? I have built several 8 second motors with STOCK valve 1100 heads. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jay View Post
                              Right, so why don't you bring some cases to bore, and come up and check out the new place.

Jay
                              Jay, I really would like to come see the new place but I am just never up at Willow anymore. I have seen the pictures & it HAS to be less stressful for you to feel more open in your shop now! How is Diane? Is she at the shop again now or is she still doing the web stuff from home? Ray.

Comment

Yes, the oil cooled GSXR cams can be used. Who told you the 1100 head is only good up to 1166? I have built several 8 second motors with STOCK valve 1100 heads. Ray.
                                Thanks Ray \\/

Comment

Working...
                                X