X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone use this Acetone in their tanks?

I was reading about this and considering giving it a try:

Ryan's Report of Acetone' Effect on Mileage and Performance
    • 1977 Suzuki GS750 motorcycle. This is my daily rider here in Florida. I run only 93 pumpgas from the same station if I can help it (have been burned by bad gas more than once around here). Its a somewhat modified bike that has a bit more go than it should. But the clock reading 48,000mi (pretty impressive for most bikes) has seen alot of abuse. Performance day to day was always spot on the same so all testing is very noticeable. This is an inline 4, aircooled OHV carburated engine in a raised state of tune.

Talked a friend into trying some in his GSXR1000 '01, with only a pipe, K&N and a 2oz - 5gal mix boasted a 137hp to the wheel. He noted that the bike had a bit more pep to it as well while around town. (137hp @ the wheel!! out of a 1 liter motor!... where did we go wrong in cars?)
    Summary
    • Suzuki GS750 77'
    • ratio(s) of acetone used (oz / 10 gal) <if it held 10... but about 1.5-2oz per 4.5gal full tank.
    • mileage before < with the way i drive hmmm
    • mileage after < still a mystery
    • number of miles tested <300mi
    • other observations (power, idle, exhaust)Idle improved, power improved (gained 8mph on the top too), runs much smoother, exaust sound is much more uniform because of equal firing, idle does not smell nearly as rich.
    Individual Reports

10-15-2005

1977 Suzuki GS750

vehicle has 48,000 miles
    First tested using 93 octane regular unleaded fuel, 2.5 oz acetone/4.5 gallons. A bit rich on the acetone. Cleaned deposits off sparkplugs, exaust valve, and piston (visible through plug hole) A bit hard to start, not much from the unusual. Noted slightly sweet scent of exaust.
    Noticed Increase in power and smoothness, nearly doubled throttle responce. engine temp was 10*F cooler (aircooled) and sound much smoother.
    Will continue testing with a lower concentration. Contemplating a dyno run on straight pump then a mix of 1.5oz to 5gal
    Contact

ryanbonigut @comcast.net <remove space befor @
    Last edited by Guest; 05-06-2007, 01:55 PM.

fixed the link

I couldnt link the site so I copied and pasted it

Comment

I dunno, I have heard of this before, but I have never seen any good scientific testing done on the gains. I am an engineer, and I tend to look for the science before I try something potentially nasty like this.

Comment

Working...
      X