Mtc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mtc

I just got me a set of used MTC pistons for my 1100e they are 73mm 10.5:1 slight domes. It says they are a 1104 kits. I dont want much more power just to bore it and give it new life I have 53 bucs invested in the pistons. Some would say go bigger I know. But new the kit is around 462.00.Do yall think I will feel a diff in the power with the higher compression and few extra cc's

Originally posted by CRASHNBURN View Post
    I just got me a set of used MTC pistons for my 1100e they are 73mm 10.5:1 slight domes. It says they are a 1104 kits. I dont want much more power just to bore it and give it new life I have 53 bucs invested in the pistons. Some would say go bigger I know. But new the kit is around 462.00.Do yall think I will feel a diff in the power with the higher compression and few extra cc's
    I'm sure that there will be a little gain going from 9.5:1 to 10.5:1 compression. Gaining 29 CC will not make a hugh difference. I'm a little concerned about the domed piston top...on of the reasons the GS head is so efficent (for it's day) was that there was no dome to imped gas flow and allowed for slightly longer valve open times. When you install them, make sure that you do not have contact between the valves and the piston tops before you start it up.

Comment

Pic of pistons

I think it should be ok from the looks of the depth of valve grooves

Comment

You shouldn't have any problems at all! Make sure you get the piston to wall clearance correct when you do the boring & then get the ring end gaps set correctly. You should be really happy with the gain in power & with stock cams will have NO interference problems. Good luck! Ray.

Comment

what are the specs for piston to wall clearance and ring end gap I am a newby to all this so please send all the advice you can with this subject I will appreciate it

Comment

Originally posted by CRASHNBURN View Post
            what are the specs for piston to wall clearance and ring end gap I am a newby to all this so please send all the advice you can with this subject I will appreciate it

I would contact MTC for that info especially if they produced the rings too. Normal stock Piston to cylinder clearance is 0.0020" - 0.0024" with a limit of 0.0047".

Piston ring gap (in the cylinder) for stock bikes is 0.004" - 0.012" with a limit of 0.03"

If the rings are produced by someone else check the ring groove clearance also.

Upon completion of the rebuild, and after you've set your valve clearance, slowly rotate the crank through at least two full revolutions to insure that there are no clearance issues.

Good luck!

Hap
            Last edited by Guest; 05-12-2007, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Be sure the pistons still have taper in them before you bore your block.

Jay
              Speed Merchant
              http://www.gszone.biz

Comment

Working...
              X