Best Exhaust for an 82 GS850L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Exhaust for an 82 GS850L

I just finished restoring my 82 GS850L and am running the x-pipe set-up on it. They're not bad but I'm not crazy about them. What type of exhause would guys suggest I look at to replace them. I would prefer a 4 into 2 set-up, but can't find a desent set. I would settle for a 4 into 1 if it looked good.

For street use in my neighborhood I like the stock one best. Dan

Comment

I'm in the same situation as you are. Unfortunately I just missed the sale of a near new condition complete stock system.

My headers and pre-muffler (balancer, whatever) are in good shape, but the mufflers are bad. I prefer to go stock, or some replacement 4 into 2 setup, but can't find anything.

Someone else used some free discarded stock Harley mufflers and they came out looking pretty good. I'm considering going this route cause it's pretty easy to find the HD mufflers. I'm hesitant cause it'd take some cutting and welding, which I don't do.

Comment

You can take any four/1 header, cut it, have an muffler guy fab a mid-pipe and then you can use whatever muffler you want, from mild to wild.

You can send the header and mid-pipe to Jet-Hot and they can coat it to look like chrome, satin silver, black other colors.

There are a number of folks here who have done that, if you search the forums, you can probably find the posts and associated pics.

Comment

well on my gs850l i have a 4into 1 vance hines and it sound great.

Comment

Working...
          X