Carbs/Pod Filters - Worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbs/Pod Filters - Worth it?

My bike currently has a single air filter, but without the stock airbox. It is a very cheap filter, and has been bugging me. While surfing ebay I found this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...2917056&rd=1,1
    Since these are only a few miles from me, I was thinking about buying them and putting the pods on my current setup, and then rebuilding the carbs for use later. My question is this, what other work will putting the pods on require? Will the carbs need to be rejetted? And if so, is that a hard process to complete? Will the gains be worth it? I will admit my ignorance on all carb related work, so any advice is appreciated! Thanks!!!

Yes, the filters are worth the work & money, & yes, you will have to rejet. If you buy the filters order a jet kit for your bike at the same time. When you get the jet kit take a couple of evenings to study the instructions before you try to install it. If you read carefully & take your time you can do it. The jet kit base settings will get you in the ballpark & will also explain how to fine tune after you install it. If you need help or have questions let me know & I'll be glad to help. I have been jetting bikes for over 25 years & have some experience at this. Good luck & don't be afraid to ask for help. Ray.

Comment

Working...
    X